Problems w/PBST keg spears?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems w/PBST keg spears?

We have some PBST kegs with their Chinese spears/valves in our fleet and we've been having a problem with some kegs not draining properly on our keg washer. They fill with water or caustic but won't drain. We've replaced some of these faulty spears with Micromatic spears and they all work perfectly.

Just curious if anyone else has run into issues like this with these kegs, or maybe has a fix for the bad spears other than a replacement with a micromatic.

I have a bucket full of Mircomatic spears salvaged from trashed kegs. Let me know if you're interested. All are in good shape, usable, might need new gaskets.
    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
    Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Most Chinese spear have issues with the O rings.
      Some can be interchangeable with the MicroMatic ones.

If you email me some photos I can see if my manufacturers can figure that out for you,

Zhi
      Standard Kegs LLC
      We are a U.S based Keg and Equipment supplier with distribution centers nationwide and clients expanding the entire Americas.
      Cheers!

Zhi Yang
      Twitter @StandardKEGS
      Facebook.com/standardkegs
      www.standardkegs.com
      info@standardkegs.com

Better Kegs, Better Service

Comment

Originally posted by TonyT View Post
        We have some PBST kegs with their Chinese spears/valves in our fleet and we've been having a problem with some kegs not draining properly on our keg washer. They fill with water or caustic but won't drain. We've replaced some of these faulty spears with Micromatic spears and they all work perfectly.

Just curious if anyone else has run into issues like this with these kegs, or maybe has a fix for the bad spears other than a replacement with a micromatic.
        Please contact us regarding the problem. We will take care it. Please e-mail to cindy@pbstbeer.com or call 707-674-1888.
        Cindy
        Pacific Brewery Systems Inc
        1060 Madrone Avenue
        Vallejo, CA 94592
        Tel: 707-674-1888
        email: cindy@pbstbeer.com

Comment

Just wanted to update that I spoke to Frank Ma over at PBST and they're actively working to help us get these kegs back into service.

Awesome customer service!!

Comment

How did it go?

Originally posted by TonyT View Post
            Just wanted to update that I spoke to Frank Ma over at PBST and they're actively working to help us get these kegs back into service.

Awesome customer service!!

Curious to how they helped you out and if the replacement spears worked out for the cost?

Thanks!

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by NCJON View Post
              Curious to how they helped you out and if the replacement spears worked out for the cost?

Thanks!

Jon
              PM Sent...

Comment

Working...
              X