Thread: Problems w/PBST keg spears?

Problems w/PBST keg spears?

We have some PBST kegs with their Chinese spears/valves in our fleet and we've been having a problem with some kegs not draining properly on our keg washer. They fill with water or caustic but won't drain. We've replaced some of these faulty spears with Micromatic spears and they all work perfectly.

Just curious if anyone else has run into issues like this with these kegs, or maybe has a fix for the bad spears other than a replacement with a micromatic.

I have a bucket full of Mircomatic spears salvaged from trashed kegs. Let me know if you're interested. All are in good shape, usable, might need new gaskets.
    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
    Enterprise. Oregon.

Most Chinese spear have issues with the O rings.
    Some can be interchangeable with the MicroMatic ones.

If you email me some photos I can see if my manufacturers can figure that out for you,

Zhi
    Standard Kegs LLC
    www.standardkegs.com
    Cheers!

Zhi Yang
    Twitter @StandardKEGS
    Facebook.com/standardkegs
    www.standardkegs.com
    info@standardkegs.com

Better Kegs, Better Service

Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
    We have some PBST kegs with their Chinese spears/valves in our fleet and we've been having a problem with some kegs not draining properly on our keg washer. They fill with water or caustic but won't drain. We've replaced some of these faulty spears with Micromatic spears and they all work perfectly.

Just curious if anyone else has run into issues like this with these kegs, or maybe has a fix for the bad spears other than a replacement with a micromatic.
    Please contact us regarding the problem. We will take care it. Please e-mail to cindy@pbstbeer.com or call 707-674-1888.
    Cindy
    Pacific Brewery Systems Inc
    1060 Madrone Avenue
    Vallejo, CA 94592
    Tel: 707-674-1888
    email: cindy@pbstbeer.com

Just wanted to update that I spoke to Frank Ma over at PBST and they're actively working to help us get these kegs back into service.

Awesome customer service!!

How did it go?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
    Just wanted to update that I spoke to Frank Ma over at PBST and they're actively working to help us get these kegs back into service.

Awesome customer service!!

Curious to how they helped you out and if the replacement spears worked out for the cost?

Thanks!

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by NCJON View Post
    Curious to how they helped you out and if the replacement spears worked out for the cost?

Thanks!

Jon
    PM Sent...