Beersmith Profile Stout 3BBL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beersmith Profile Stout 3BBL

anyone got a decent mash and equipment profile setup for beersmith. The mash profiles dont seem close when it comes to strike and sparge amounts. Just looking for a bit of help to dial in system a bit more.

I "think" I have a decent profile based on trial and error. But I have no clue how to get it to you from Beersmith. Any idea?

Comment

If you want to take screenshots of your equipment profile and mash profile and email them to me that could work. Threehuskiesbrewing @ gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any luck/ experience?

Hey guys,

Resurrecting this thread. I'm trying to do the exact same thing for a 3bbl Stout system, figuring out the specs for Beersmith. Have you had any luck figuring that out now that you've had more experience with your system?

Thanks,

Comment

same here

I'd be interested in this as well -- if someone could email it to me, I'd really appreciate it. info at chesterriverbrewing dot com.
          Kevin Shertz
          Chester River Brewing Company
          Chestertown, MD

Comment

Some Progress

So I got some specs from the brewer we're buying an older Stout 3bbl from. In case this helps anyone in the future, he told me their system has:

Boil-off-rate: ~8%
            Efficiency: 79-85%
            Absorption rate: 19%

Comment

I will get back shortly with what I have put together from everyone's input.

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
                I will get back shortly with what I have put together from everyone's input.

I would also love to get the Equipment profile specs so if you have an opportunity, please send me what you guys have. In addition to the above: Mash Deadspace, heat loss, etc. tracyservices(at)yahoo

Comment

The specs for beersmith will be different for everyone, it's "your" profile. Measure your equipment, do water brews, figure out your heat losses and such. Don't rely on the info from others. It's your system, your process.

Comment

I agree a little bit with soia, a ton of the profile settings will be determined by your processes; how you handle your mash, kettle setup, how you handle and dump trub and yeast, beer style. HR3 and I went back and forth with our profiles and they are completely different but both work for both of us.
                    First advice would be to accurately mark all measurements on hlt and bk, either with Flowmeter or buckets. This is most important in setting a baseline for creating your profile.

Comment

baseline?

I have my system coming in from stout/brewmation and need to scale my recipes from the .5 BBL test system to the new 3bbl. IO just need some baselines for the equipment profile so I can start seeing totals for ingredients and the like. I know its not perfect but it will give me close to what I need for the first couple test batches on the new system.

Comment

Resurrected - 3 bbl eHERMS stout system Beersmith settings?

I'm resurrecting this thread as I'm looking for the same info. I realize everybody's profile is going to be different but would like to at least have a starting point - especially for hop utilization! I can do water runs to calculate boil-off and such and should be able to dial in the efficiency setting after a few brews but would just as soon not have my hop levels a mile off in one direction or the other on my first few batches.
                        So anybody using a 3 bbl Stout brewhouse (electric with HERMS) please chime in!

Comment

Wakey wakey !

I'm trying to set up a profile as well on BS3. Its a Stout 3bbl erims . Cant find the weight of the MT anywhere. What ive found is the kettle boils off about 5 gallons . In the process of marking the HLT and BK to dial it in . I used 1.25 qts per # of grain on the last brew . I had 10+ gallons extra! So guess I should cut back to maybe 1.1 qts p#

Comment

Working...
                          X