Thread: Stone/Ceramic Bottles?

Stone/Ceramic Bottles?

Hi Everyone,

Long time lurker first time poster here!

I'm curious as to whether anyone here has had any experience with packaging in stone/ceramic bottles? No doubt they are considerably more expensive but I think they look quite good for a special or seasonal brew.

Any comments?

Does anyone know of any suppliers of ceramic/stone bottles?

Thanks.

Expensive, but oh so cool and reusable/impervious to light/hold the cold well.

I did bottle 2 specialties in ceramic at my last position. They looked cool, but are tough to get filled just right when you can't see what's going on. We (operative word here, as I had the bottling guy do it - sorry paul!) only bottled off a single head, manual filler. First run of a barleywine he did 400 bottles and second run of a wheatwine, he did 300 or so.

Get the swing tops - it's tough to get a cap to stick just right.

You're looking for MKM Ceramics out of Germany for a supplier - I picked mine up in Canada from Phoenix Packaging. The delivery time was long as the bottles came over from Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by rudge75
    Expensive, but oh so cool and reusable/impervious to light/hold the cold well.

You're looking for MKM Ceramics out of Germany for a supplier - I picked mine up in Canada from Phoenix Packaging. The delivery time was long as the bottles came over from Germany.

Out of curiosity how many skids did you order and what was shipping cost from Montreal to your dock?

E-mail me if you want!!!!!
    Last edited by BubbaBeerBacon; 01-11-2006 at 12:27 PM.
    Pascal Thibault - UNITED BOTTLES & PACKAGING
    …New packaging and private molds, washing services, ingredients and kegs...since 1994

pascal.thibault@unitedbottles.com
    www.unitedbottles.com
    (450.622.1600 ext.243)

I have read of glass bottles finished to look like stone. Sorry, no other info, but may remind someone else

Cheers
    dick