Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• labels on growlers

just a quick question on the labeling of growlers:

I am getting ready to order my first load of growlers and just wanted to put the brewery logo on the growler. Is this considered a label? And does this need to be blessed by the TTB? I have been to many places and received growlers with just stickers on the side and then I have been to alot where the growler has the logo with warnings and such? Anyways just thought I would check with all of you and see what I need to do? I have tried to get ahold of the TTB but all I ever get is voice mail and no return phone calls...

Thanks

Kyle

You must have all the legal stuff. Period. If it is printed on the bottle, you must provide label approval people with an actual printed bottle. There are no shortcuts here. What if someone drank the 0only logo'd beer and didn't know about not operating heavy machinery? Dangerous for them and you.
    If the beer leaves a licensed premises, consider a growler to be like any bottle, just filled in an usual way.
    Edited: OK, so this is wrong for Feds, but just for state of CA. Beware state regs!
    Last edited by Moonlight; 01-23-2006, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Growler approval

If you fill them at the time of purchase you do not need approval but still need the legal address etc etc. If you prefill the growlers then you need approval.
      Doug A Moller
      Brewmaster
      The Moller Brew House
      (405)226-3111

Comment

If you fill a bottle brought by the customer it does not need any legal labeling. If the bottle is provided by the brewery it needs label approval.

Comment

confused

Im kinda confused here! I went to the TTB website and found where it says that you dont need label approval if you fill for the customer as the growler is requested just like Doug had posted. I wouldnt fill ahead of time anyways, So Im not real sure on this topic unless someone has had direct dealing or been requested to by the TTB. I guess in best would be just to call and ask directly. I think I will do that on monday so theres no confusion..

Thanks for all the input!!

Kyle

Comment

That's where I read that! Good enough for me!

Originally posted by kylesmi
            Im kinda confused here! I went to the TTB website and found where it says that you dont need label approval if you fill for the customer as the growler is requested just like Doug had posted. I wouldnt fill ahead of time anyways, So Im not real sure on this topic unless someone has had direct dealing or been requested to by the TTB. I guess in best would be just to call and ask directly. I think I will do that on monday so theres no confusion..

Thanks for all the input!!

Kyle
            That's where I read that! Good enough for me!
            Doug A Moller
            Brewmaster
            The Moller Brew House
            (405)226-3111

Comment

Working...
            X