Nice gas tanks!
    Yes
    28.57%
    No
    42.86%
    Maybe
    28.57%

The poll is expired.

I made a urinal for our Alehouse out of a keg. I bought it scrap from a Brewery Supply house.

Comment

I was thinking about making a smoker with some old beat up scrap yard kegs. Not quite theft, though.

I think it'd be cool for brewery events!

Everybody's got a couple of bum kegs hanging around, maybe the guy is "sponsored" by that brewery by them giving him the kegs for nothing.
      Last edited by rudge75; 01-25-2006, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Theft is theft

Junkyard kegs, old worn out kegs from a brewery are great to have I have 2 for a homebrew/pilot brewery.
        Stealing kegs costs breweries money. New kegs can be a big expense for a small operator. Stealing, even from BudMillerCoors is stealing.

Dic Gleason
        Taebaek Mt. Brewery

Comment

Theft

Even most junkyard kegs are stolen. And from the look of that photo, those kegs are (were) in pretty good shape, so I must assume they are stolen kegs.

Breweries need to make sure people know those kegsare stolen, ie. telling that homebrewer that you don't appreciate him stealing kegs for his 3 tier system even if they are from A-B. He might think it sounds preachy, but most don't realize junkyard kegs are stolen.

My 2 cents worth,

Ray
          Ray Sherwood
          Sherwood Brewing Company
          Shelby Township, MI
          f.586.532.9337

Comment

Here's a thought:
            If you don't like the idea of getting your kegs ripped off, buy ones that are undesireable for homebrewers.

The day we switched from 19 L. cornies at the pub to 19 L. sankey's with rubber chimes, was the day they stopped dissappearing. Same goes for the poly coated 1/2BBL.'s from Schaefer, and their 10L. Poly Junior Kegs. I never had to go calling people to get them back, because they were useless to anyone but me.

Certainly, they'd be no use to a homebrewer if they can't get a burner under them.

Comment

Working...
            X