Head Brewer - Port Moody, BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head Brewer - Port Moody, BC

Twin Sails Brewing was formed in 2013 by two brothers who’s passion for beer drove them to leave their former professions and take a chance in the growing BC craft beer market. Our philosophy is about making an exceptional beer that is accessible and approachable to beer drinkers. Our brand will say a lot about ourselves, our community, the way we engage our customers and how we feel about the product that we put on the market. We want to focus on quality, a brand that people will come back to again and again; a beer that they will be just as proud as we are to tell their friends about.

We are currently entering into the recipe development stage and are searching for a fun, creative, dynamic individual to join our team as our first Head Brewer. Our ideal candidate will be as passionate about craft beer as we are and excited to make their mark in this industry and help us to define our brand.

Initially, we will be offering a list of flagship beers as well as seasonal taps that will change throughout the year. We will be focusing on but not limiting ourselves to traditional European style ales and lagers, experience in this style is a definite bonus.

Twin Sails brewing will be opening its doors in beautiful Port Moody, British Columbia. Port Moody is a suburb of Vancouver, located at the east end of Burrard Inlet. Port Moody is nestled just southeast of the rugged Coast Mountains and encompasses seventeen miles of scenic oceanfront which provides for stunning views. The community’s growing population of young, professional families has helped redefine Port Moody’s focus on locally sourced and artisanal craft products. The brewery will be located across the street from Rocky Point Park, a popular summer destination and a hub for local events and activities. Twin Sails is fortunate enough to be able to share the street with Yellow Dog Brewing and Moody Ales Brewing, two other growing craft breweries.

We hope that with the addition of a great Head Brewer to our team, we can define Twin Sails and Port Moody as the best destination for craft beer in the Lower Mainland.

If you think you are the right candidate for this exciting position, please respond directly to this post with your resume and a bit about yourself.

I would like to offer you my services as your new head brewer. I have fifteen years experience in the brewing industry, in settings ranging from 7 barrel brewpubs to 125 barrel production breweries. I have an extensive portfolio of recipe design, as well as skills ranging from equipment maintenance to forklift operation. I have worked closely with various head chefs to pair beer with food and vice versa. Currently I have just completed a long-term contract ashead brewer for Prodigal Son Brewing in Pendleton, Oregon where I have won the People's Choice Award at the Pacific Northwest Brew Cup two years running. I have some experience with barrel aging and blending programs, and would like to expand this. I hold dual citizenship in the US and Canada and am therefore eligible to work in Canada with no restrictions.

I am also available on a short-term basis as a consultant if you would prefer that route. I have experience setting up startup breweries in the US, China, and India. I can help plan layout, select equipment, design recipes, train brewery employees and fulfill any other needs.

I am including my resume and a list of references. Please feel free to contact me at any time for more information or to schedule an interview.

Thank you

Geoff Engel

Geoffrey Engel CV.doc
    Brewery References.doc

Comment

Applying for Brewmaster position

I am pleased to submit my resume to you for the position of BrewMaster at the Twin Sails Brewery.

I have been involved in many new brewery start ups and installations, as well I was involved in moving a brewery while keeping the beer flowing.

I am a highly motivated brewer with a genuine passion for a wide range of brewing styles and techniques. My natural ability to think outside the box helps me to maintain a strong creative edge when preparing new recipes, within all styles.

I am well-liked and respected by team members and outside suppliers. I have proven my ability to train, support, and evaluate those with whom I am working in a positive and effective way.

Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Anthony W. Richardson

Resume & References Attached
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X