Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regional Market Manager & Separate Tenant Brewery

Hey all,

I've been in the industry for some years now, and thoroughly have enjoyed both parts of it (commercial brewer and now regional market manager). I've been toying around with an idea lately... But honestly I do not know who to turn to about the exact legal implications of it.

My main question is this: Can someone work as a regional market manager for one brewery, and be their own tenant brewing company (AKA gypsy brewer) on the side? Is this something that I would have to discuss with the state, or something that I would have to discuss strictly with my current company to make sure it is not in my contract?

Now this leads me to another question: Is it possible to tenant brew on a brewery's pilot system, and sell the beer off that? Or is there more legalities behind this in which I am not aware of? I know it is not nearly as profitable as on the usual large scale, but I know that most breweries around where I live are not using their pilot system all that much (plus I have a suitable size heated and cooled fermenter of my own I can roll in for the space off my truck).

I actually have a good amount of relationships with breweries and their brewmasters, so I figured this might not be a bad idea if I could pull it off.

Thanks in advance!
Working...
X