Hiring an assistant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiring an assistant.

I hope that my question is simple. What is the minimum age for someone to work in a brewery?
    I'm currently looking to hire someone from within our employee base to take care of grain handling, and keg preparation. Only the time consuming labor and none of the brewery operations.
    The person that I'm looking at is 19years old and capable of the tasks and in need of more hours i.e. money.
    The most intimate brewery work that may take place would be keg filling, which I do by hand, two kegs at a time about twice a month for in house storage and use in the pub.
    Thanks. JohnnyMidnite
    Always in search of exceptional beer and interesting people...

I would imagine the rules would be the same as hiring a busboy for the pub. As long as your assistant isn't serving beer to the public, or consuming it himself...

Cheers, Tim

ps- Buffalo Bill's!!! How cool (for those not in the know, it's the first legal brewpub in the USA).

Comment

I think this may vary by state. Look in your state code. In Nevada, minimum age to work in a brewery is 16.

Comment

It probably varies state to state. I started brewing a week after I turned 18. Check with your local labor laws first.

Comment

Thanks guys, I just got my answer today.
          As long as I don't involve this person in the tasting process, I won't have any problems as far as employing him. JM
          Always in search of exceptional beer and interesting people...

Comment

Working...
          X