Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really simple - local market, know it, love it, brew for it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really simple - local market, know it, love it, brew for it.

As the waters get more crowded, we'll be going back to the classic 1860's model of a brewery in every town. We aren't even close to the amount of breweries we once had in the States, over 4400, with the local share of beer sales over 50%.

Keep it simple, keep it small, do it well. Know your market. If you run a good business you can grow. Think one market at a time. Town, county, state region, state, country region, country. Plan. Plan. Plan. Don't over invest in a pipe dream, but look up at your ceiling (literally and figuratively and think- where are the 50 and 100BBL tanks gonna go if this happens? Or, have an exit plan, either way, growth can be costly.

Also, get to know your fans, especially during this craft beer week. They're the only reason you're brewing, and not pumping gas, or some other profession more up to date with the world we live in

http://www.brewingwithbriess.com/blo...aft-beer-fans/

Aaron
    Last edited by Aaron.Hyde; 05-04-2015, 09:05 AM.

This is so true. The brewery historically has always been the heart of the community. If you look closely to your local area and cater to their tastes as well as getting them involved you won't go far wrong.
    Affordable Brewery Management Software specifically for MicroBreweries
    Cut paperwork and gain more time to brew.

MicroManage microbrewery management software

Comment

Here in Michigan we are seeing more and more of this. Yes, lots more breweries going in but many are 2,3,4 bbl systems to serve there local market. less headaches and much more personal. Pretty neat idea I seen this in Washington 7 or so years ago.
      Mike Eme
      Brewmaster

Comment

Yes. In yorkshire uk it works very well. I love the way things have come full circle each little village had a brewery. Just near me is an old victorian building, now converted to flats with the brewery name carved over the door. The village is tiny but 100 years ago seems to have had about 6 pubs all I guess served by this brewery. It was thirsty work in the mills which surround here so I guess they had a ready audience :-)

Now we are having more pubs opening here with small breweries on the premises which cater very much for the local taste. Communities are very involved with the breweries and there are many community events which make people interested in the future of the brewery

It's a great community model which works well.
        Affordable Brewery Management Software specifically for MicroBreweries
        Cut paperwork and gain more time to brew.

MicroManage microbrewery management software

Comment

Working...
        X