Pinpoint Carbonators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinpoint Carbonators?

Is anyone using the Witteman Pinpoint Carbonator and are you pleased w/it? What are the disadvantages to pinpoint carbonation? Any response would be greatly appreciated!

I've used Witteman pinpoint carbonators before. My opinion is that they are only useful for immediate carbonation, or very large batches. Otherwise, carbonation stones in your bright beer tanks can do the same thing with a bit of time. Make sure you put the pinpoint carbonator as far upstream in the transfer line as possible, and keep lots of CO2 back pressure in the receiving tank. There really are no disadvantages to these units. Good luck!
    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

I cannot think of a single disadvantage to Pinpoint carbonation, just make sure you CIP it like everything else. My experience is that BBT stones won't give you consistent carbonation with large vertical BBT's. The use of pinpoint carbonation allows you to overcome this and can enable you to get in spec while moving beer effectively saving you time and money. I've always used Witteman, no problems.
      Mike Jordan
      Brewmaster
      Boxing Cat Brewery
      Shanghai, P.R. China
      michael@boxingcatbrewery.com

Comment

Working...
      X