• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crowlers

Has anyone used this sealer for Crowlers? ALL AMERICAN MODEL #8000
    SENIOR ELECTRIC CAN SEALER

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well I looked into them its the same machine they use the big difference is they use special dies to seal the crowler cans I looked into them and figured I could use the same thing you cant and if u could u would have to buy the cans by the truck load to use it that's the only way ball cans will sell most of there cans I made lots of phone call about this same machine oskar blues is the only one that distributes the crowler machine there are others coming out now like http://dixiecanner.com hope this helps
    cheers matt

Comment

Matt thanks I saw a beverage house had one. I need to go down an talk to him. I also looked into Dixie the will sell you their sealer and 750 cans and tools for around $7500. Dixie does make good quality
      Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Dixie seamer is light years beyond the OB one in terms of quality. Follow the easy routine maintenance/cleaning and you'll never have an issue.

Comment

Wouldnt the #2 adapter for the ALL AMERICAN MODEL #8000 SENIOR ELECTRIC CAN SEALER for the 32-oz Ball Beverage cans work for the "Crowler" cans? Am I missing something?

Here are the can specs from Ball:

32-oz. Diameter: 307 Height: 710 300 32-oz./946ml 31-oz./917ml 31-oz./917ml

Comment

Originally posted by dbbrewing View Post
            Wouldnt the #2 adapter for the ALL AMERICAN MODEL #8000 SENIOR ELECTRIC CAN SEALER for the 32-oz Ball Beverage cans work for the "Crowler" cans? Am I missing something?

Anyone have any information on these? Is the Oskar Blues one custom made/proprietary?

Comment

I'm not sure what the cost difference is but the Dixie seamers look to be a safer and more reliable machine at first glance. I haven't seen the guts of them up close and personal but their basic design looks pretty reliable.

edited because I re-read and saw that the dixie is about 5k more in price. I have found that the cost of operating cheaper equipment certainly adds up though. Another point of consideration is the associated support provided by the vendor. I've only been involved with 'crowlers' for a few weeks but the folks at oskar blues have been helpful and timely in their responses.
              Last edited by Curtis; 01-20-2016, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dbbrewing View Post

Sorry to dig up an old thread but thought I'd follow up in case there was any updated info out there.

The #8000 unit can be had for 1000 bucks less than the EL-8000B (the OB licensed unit). If the above adapter would work to seal the crowler cans on the #8000 unit, it'd certainly save a lot of people money.

Comment

Originally posted by apoxbrew View Post
                  Sorry to dig up an old thread but thought I'd follow up in case there was any updated info out there.

The #8000 unit can be had for 1000 bucks less than the EL-8000B (the OB licensed unit). If the above adapter would work to seal the crowler cans on the #8000 unit, it'd certainly save a lot of people money.
                  Has this been tried yet?

Comment

Working...
                  X