Unified System of Accounts for Restaurant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unified System of Accounts for Restaurant

Can anyone tell me where I can find a copy of this? According to my online searches, it was last published in 1997 or thereabouts, and I can't find a copy of it anywhere.

Any leads would be enormously appreciated.

If anyone knows of any excel workbooks for financials, or anything like that that are good, that would also be awesome.

I found this package, but, once again, a little leery of dishing out my hard earned dough for questionable benefit:

Ben Dooley
    www.oldcrankybrewers.com

Comment

Check with your POS system vendor

Most current POS software packages will export to Excel. When they exprt the spreadsheet is formatted for you.
      Cheers & I'm out!
      David R. Pierce
      NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
      POB 343
      New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

We use Quickbooks at DK and it works quite well. Also, our POS system integrates as well.

Comment

Do they have a restaurant package?

I'm working on the financial statement of my business plan and am looking for something that will ease the pain of having to build a whole bunch of linked excel spreadsheets by hand.

Comment

Quickbooks is configurable and prints specialized reports for you. It takes some effort to set up, but you really need to understand all that anyway in order to speak to your accountant. Our CPA takes a copy of our Quickbooks to do our year end taxes.

Setting up a comprehensive bookeeping system takes time and patience. With 2 Breweries and an Alehouse, we need a tool that tracks everything, that we can write payroll from as well, and allows us to sort the data as we need. You can work from Excel if you really want to do that much work, but Quickbooks does a far more thorough job than a human could at watching where everything gets booked.

Your inquiry seems to focus more on the restaurant, but you need to consider Brewery expense tracking as well. Yes, it's tough learning a new application, but the sooner you do it the better. Eventually, if you do this for a long time, you'll eventually change over to another tool other than Excel.

Comment

Thanks for the input, Brian.

I plan on using quickbooks, and your point about setting up myself is well taken. I suppose I'm feeling a little intimidated by the financials right now.
              Oh well, might as well get it over with now. Better than later.

Thanks again.

Ben Dooley
              www.oldcrankybrewers.com

Comment

Sorry for all of the questions, but do you use quickbooks pro? What pos system do you use?

Thanks,

Ben Dooley

Comment

We use Quickbooks Pro and our POS is from a company calles "Micros". I'm not sure what the specific application is called. They'll work with you for that.

Comment

This is the POS I use, I have been very happy with it, and it is AFORDABLE
                    Lots of features, highly recomended!
                    For what some companys want for a module you can have a full blown POS system, take a look, they have a 30 day demo avail free
                    Running ove 4 years with no major issues running 4 stations
                    Aldelo Cloud POS simplifies Restaurant and Retail Point of Sale operations. The best FREE POS. Full-featured, easy setup and use with iPad, Android and Windows

They are working on quickbooks intigratin this quarter, or next quarter

Comment

Freeware

I ran across this link in my research for opening a Brewpub. It has some free restaurant planning spreadsheets and VB programs that might be useful:

Comment

Working...
                      X