Chocolate Stout...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate Stout...

Upon the request of a freind, I'm thinking of making an Imperial Chocolate Stout. Aside from the use of Chocolate malt, has anyone used cocoa powder in the process?

If so, where did you add the powder and how did it turn out? I was thinking of adding some cocoa powder in the whirlpool.

Just made a couple of chocolate beers, feel free to ring me 609-347-7800
    Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
    tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
    "Your results may vary"

Comment

Originally posted by Tomas Sluiter
      Upon the request of a freind, I'm thinking of making an Imperial Chocolate Stout. Aside from the use of Chocolate malt, has anyone used cocoa powder in the process?

If so, where did you add the powder and how did it turn out? I was thinking of adding some cocoa powder in the whirlpool.
      I recently used cocoa powder in an imperial stout. Being afraid to overdo it I only used 500 gram for 500 litres, which was too little to be really noticeable.

I will probably quadruple that in the next batch.

-Christian

Comment

We have had great success by adding a chocolate extract directly to the BBT (at a concentration that breaks down to about 0.135 oz/gallon). The extract is fat free and therefore eliminates any of the problems you would get by adding fatty acids to your wort or beer.

Best of luck.

Andrew

Comment

Working...
        X