Passion Fruit puree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passion Fruit puree

I'm trying to find a source for passion fruit puree. I can find the juice concentrate in bulk, but not the puree. Anyone have a source? Or does anyone have experience with passion fruit juice concentrate.

Thanks,

We used passion fruit puree in two beers over the summer. Its not easy to get. We went through Del Carmen Foods in California. Typically they want to sell only in full pallets of frozen buckets. I think it was like 42 Buckets. It was more than we wanted, but if they have less than full pallets in their warehouse, they will sell you by the bucket. As you can imagine, shipping is expensive. Also, try and get the seedless as it is a whole lot easier to work with.

Good luck!

Jason

Comment

Thanks, I'll give them a try.

Comment

Perfect Puree of Napa Valley. I use them for alot of my stuff
        Mike Eme
        Brewmaster

Comment

Anybody got a ballpark pounds per barrel recommendation on this puree?
          Russell Everett
          Co-Founder / Head Brewer
          Bainbridge Island Brewing
          Bainbridge Island, WA

Comment

We've been making a beer with this puree on our pilot system and have had issues with clarity and shelf stability. What have you guys done about these issues?

We haven't filtered this beer as our filtering system hasn't arrived yet.

Comment

We ended up going with a juice concentrate because the shipping on the puree (could only find on the west coast) was not very financially responsible. The concentrate is a pretty nice product, though. It tastes great and is 100% fruit, no additives.

@whm3223 Yeah, the beer is really hazy after the fruit is added. We don't bottle or can and sell most of it over the bar, so I don't worry too much about the haze. I haven't tried using Pectinase yet, but I bet that will help. If I try it, I will post back.

Comment

Supposedly Oregon Fruit is picking up Passion Fruit Puree later this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by 604M View Post
                  We ended up going with a juice concentrate because the shipping on the puree (could only find on the west coast) was not very financially responsible. The concentrate is a pretty nice product, though. It tastes great and is 100% fruit, no additives.

@whm3223 Yeah, the beer is really hazy after the fruit is added. We don't bottle or can and sell most of it over the bar, so I don't worry too much about the haze. I haven't tried using Pectinase yet, but I bet that will help. If I try it, I will post back.
                  If you don't mind me asking, where did you source the concentrate from?

Comment

Greenwood in Chicago.

Comment

Do you guys usually add at flameout or secondary?

Comment

In secondary. I like to be able to adjust to taste.

Comment

In secondary. I like to be able to adjust to taste.
                          What was your usage rate for the concentrate in the secondary? My supplier has the concentrate but not the puree for Passion Fruit and I'm less familiar with it.

Comment

Originally posted by EssingtonBrew View Post
                            What was your usage rate for the concentrate in the secondary? My supplier has the concentrate but not the puree for Passion Fruit and I'm less familiar with it.
                            Anywhere from .25-.50 gallon per bbl, depending on how intense of flavor we want.

Comment

p.f.

I'm trying to find a source for passion fruit puree. I can find the juice concentrate in bulk, but not the puree. Anyone have a source? Or does anyone have experience with passion fruit juice concentrate.

Thanks,
                              Oregon fruit products has aseptic, Iti tropicals has it too (not aseptic)

Comment

Working...
                              X