person died from drinking fruit beer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• person died from drinking fruit beer?

Thanks for the fab response. I have found that 30 oz. of extract and 3.5-4# of fruit per Bbl. works pretty well for me, kind of a hybrid approach. I add the extract at the end of the boil, and add the fruit (I.Q.F. berries that I get from U.S. Foods) after high krausen. What I would like to do in the future (since this beer moves so slow, and it's novelty runs thin rather quickly with our customers) is add fruit directly to a keg (use different fruits, in limited quantities). The previous brewer would add fruit to Corny kegs. I would prefer to use 1/2 Bbl kegs. Any ideas or apprehensions about doing this? I haven't figured out a way to do this without mixing the fruit into the fermentor first.

Switch to all extract and dose the kegs individually. I have done this with success. I dont think there is a way to add fruit to the keg unless you plan on racking it again, you would clog your tap and/or lines. If it moves slow why bother in the first place? The only reason I do fruit beers is because they move well and are requested often. I wish they would move slowly so I could axe them!
    Big Willey
    "You are what you is." FZ

Comment

Working...
    X