Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mentor Wanted....................

Hello all,

I believe this is my first post here, but I have been a member for a while. I'm here to ask for mentoring and guidance in the Science and Craft of Brewing. While books, trial and error, and general talk with knowledgeable brewers are going to be helpful, I need more. I am the type that benefits greatly from one-on-one tutorials and would really like a live mentor to learn from, and am looking for people in my area to link up with. I am currently in Iraq, but in just a few months I will be back in Washington State for good. I want to make professional brewing my full-time job, and I need to get expert experienced advice in what I need to know.

My dreams are not uncommon to few, but they are overzealous to many. I want to open, own, and operate my very own Brew Pub. All I have is broad ideas of the workings, but I would like to get more intricate details. I know that this is a tall order for a newbie with no batches under his belt. The way I see it, I have always wanted to own my own business. People get involved with ventures for all kinds of reasons; I want mine to be passion.

I plan on going to Community College for business, science, and math as soon as I get out of the military. Once I have those pre-requisites done I will be transferring to either the UC Davis Brew Program, or the OSU Program. On top of all that I will be studying anything I can on the subject, and volunteering/working in the Brewing Industry. In a few years I hope to rack up the Knowledge and Skill to begin my adventure into the Industry.

I have seen the way you talk to people on these forums, and I have complete confidence that you will provide me with quality information. I look forward to talking with all of you, whether in my area or not.

Thank You

Tim,

Please feel free to drop me an E-mail and let's talk about what you'll need to know. Diamond Knot is located in Mukilteo, WA, and at least you'll be in the same state!

Take care over there............

Comment

Working...
    X