Bottling straight from brite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottling straight from brite?

Best way to bottle straight from a 10 barrel brite, beer gun or counter pressure bottle filler?

I would recommend working backward from the amount of time you want to spend bottling off that 10bbl brite.

I'd say a beer gun on 10bbls is going to be quite an undertaking. Or do you intend to bottle off some smaller portion of it?

Comment

I agree with the above. if you are bottling off a few cases a beer gun could work. If you are seriously considering bottle sales you will need to invest in something more substantial, even a semi auto like HDP/Custom Brew might work for a portion of a 10. A 2 head Meheen is much more affordable than the 6.
      Joel Halbleib
      Partner / Zymurgist
      Hive and Barrel Meadery
      6302 Old La Grange Rd
      Crestwood, KY
      www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

Only plan on bottling a few cases from the brite, and legging the rest. What would be the best way to connect beer gun to the brite? Time is not an issue, have plenty of it

Originally posted by NotStock View Post
        I would recommend working backward from the amount of time you want to spend bottling off that 10bbl brite.

I'd say a beer gun on 10bbls is going to be quite an undertaking. Or do you intend to bottle off some smaller portion of it?

Comment

Put it all in kegs and use the beer gun to bottle off the kegs.

Comment

I use a home-brew type counter pressure filler (had terrible luck with beer gun), I connect it to the tank with a TC adaptor like this. Works like a champ, have done it like this for many years.

Hose barb made of highly polished sanitary 304L stainless steel.  The connection end is 1.5” TC.  The barbed end fits hose that has an inside diameter of 1/4”.  The length is 2.25”.  This TC hose barb adapter slides into the hose and then hose clamps are used to tighten the hose onto the barb for a liquid-tight fit.

Comment

Originally posted by wailingguitar View Post
              I use a home-brew type counter pressure filler (had terrible luck with beer gun), I connect it to the tank with a TC adaptor like this. Works like a champ, have done it like this for many years.

http://www.gwkent.com/1-4in-hose-barb-x-1-1-2in-tc.html
              I prefer the counter pressure filler over the "beer gun". Don't know that a beer gun will work well with the flow of beer from a 10Bbl tank, at least from a keg you can lower the pressure for filling.

Comment

just put a beernut fitting on your racking arm and the correspondin fittin on the end of your beergun. that' what we do and you can bottle from the tank. we also bottle out of kegs and straight from the tank is preferred. from the tank you lable up the number of bottles you want to fill and fill until you're done. with kegs you are going to lose a little everytiem you kick the keg, plus it disrupts the flow. with 2 people, a filler and a capper, we can bottle about 10 cases per hour using a beergun. We do about 85 bbls in 22 ounce bottles a year so it can be done. However my riht hand is now stuck in a permanent claw position
                Tim Eichinger
                Visit our website blackhuskybrewing.com

Comment

Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
                  tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
                  "Your results may vary"

Comment

Working...
                  X