Wood floor in brewhouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood floor in brewhouse

We currently operate a nano-brewery in a strip mall with concrete floors and epoxy coating. The floors are partially sloped and I usually have to squeegee quite a bit. Not a big deal to me. We are eyeballing a new location downtown, but the upper level is all wood floors. We plan on putting a 3 barrel brew system for now, and would put the brew system in the basement if we ever upgraded to a larger brew system. My question is: What is an economical way to seal the floor for brewing? Right now, it has vinyl tile, which I know will not suffice. We don't plan on keeping the brew system upstairs forever, and I would rather not spend too much money a floor that will not always host the brew system. I'm guessing tile is the best option, but is there a low-cost epoxy I could use over plywood? Support-wise, the floors are fine the equipment.
    Thanks,
    Chris

brewery floor

What solution did you come up with? I'm somewhat in the same boat where we are locating a nano operation on a 2nd floor unit. We'll be installing a raised floor for the drainage and I am kicking around various flooring options.

Comment

Originally posted by brewskier View Post
      What solution did you come up with? I'm somewhat in the same boat where we are locating a nano operation on a 2nd floor unit. We'll be installing a raised floor for the drainage and I am kicking around various flooring options.
      We haven't started yet, but research indicated that most people install a rubber membrane akin to a shower floor. We are still brewing in our current location, which has concrete floors. When we move into the new location, I plan to seek the advice from http://brewfloors.com/. I emailed them, and they explained that they offer a 5-part build up solution for plywood floors. Obviously, brewing on wood is never going to be ideal. We plan to brew in the basement after we can afford to renovate the basement and provide proper ventilation.

Comment

ProtectAll

check out protect all. We did a 7bbl brewhouse in mini-mall place with older floors that we did thin plywood on top then protectAll came and did their thing on top. works well. Our floors aren't sloped and i have a 4" drain, so that all sucks. I use a hose stuffed in the drain with a triclamp fitting when cleaning and anything else that involves dumping. Any major messes wet-vac comes out. you can see pictures of our install on our Facebook

Justin
        Doylestown Brewing Company

Comment

Originally posted by claponsie View Post
          We haven't started yet, but research indicated that most people install a rubber membrane akin to a shower floor. We are still brewing in our current location, which has concrete floors. When we move into the new location, I plan to seek the advice from http://brewfloors.com/. I emailed them, and they explained that they offer a 5-part build up solution for plywood floors. Obviously, brewing on wood is never going to be ideal. We plan to brew in the basement after we can afford to renovate the basement and provide proper ventilation.
          I'm curious where you are on this. We are about to move to an older building in our downtown that has a large basement (would need to be finished) and only hardwood on the main floor. We are looking to put our 3.5bbl system on the main floor. We are thinking of cutting out the flooring in the brewing area and putting in something else with posts in the basement to reinforce the floor.

Darrin Wilson
          Richmond Beer House

Comment

I would love to lend a hand to anyone who needs it. We have gone over wood floors and a brewery and in multiple kitchen. The best way to go over wood is put down brand-new plywood and Fiberglass coat over it. Then apply a quarter inch flooring system

Feel free to email or call me anytime with questions or concerns.

Chris klein 541-510-1080
            Chris@cascadefloors.com
            Chris Klein
            Cell 541-510-1080
            Office (503) 769-6823
            WWW.CASCADEFLOORS.COM
            chris@cascadefloors.com

Comment

Working...
            X