Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hop Torpedo Clean Up

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if any of you are using the GW Kent Hop Torpedo and how you have been emptying it once the process is finished. Right now we are climbing a step ladder and using a shovel to scoop out most of the hops (which are now wet and heavy) then lifting the rest out with the handles on the bottom grate once it is light enough. It's a bit of a pain, takes time and probably not the safest way of doing this.

We've come up with a couple ideas but I was just wondering what else was out there.

Cheers!
    Head Brewer
    Brazen Hall Kitchen & Brewery
    Winnipeg, MB Canada
    brazenhall.ca

Originally posted by breweric View Post
    Hey guys,

I was just wondering if any of you are using the GW Kent Hop Torpedo and how you have been emptying it once the process is finished. Right now we are climbing a step ladder and using a shovel to scoop out most of the hops (which are now wet and heavy) then lifting the rest out with the handles on the bottom grate once it is light enough. It's a bit of a pain, takes time and probably not the safest way of doing this.

We've come up with a couple ideas but I was just wondering what else was out there.

Cheers!
    Have you tried a good wet-dry Shop Vacuum?

Regards,
    Mike Sharp

Comment

Originally posted by rdcpro View Post
      Have you tried a good wet-dry Shop Vacuum?

Regards,
      Mike Sharp
      Nope, hadn't thought of that. That could work ok, although we're dealing with 22lbs of whole hops so it would take a few times of filling up the shop-vac to get it done.

We've opted for using a winch mounted to the ceiling to slowly lift the bottom grate up and we can remove the hops as it comes up. We haven't installed it yet but we're hopeful this is a great solution...
      Head Brewer
      Brazen Hall Kitchen & Brewery
      Winnipeg, MB Canada
      brazenhall.ca

Comment

Working...
      X