TTB Application Question - Funds to start Brewery Reporting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TTB Application Question - Funds to start Brewery Reporting

I started entering the info on Permits Online. After a few steps it asks how much money you are starting the brewery with, from which partners, etc. Then it asks if its from personal savings or from a loan and that you need to provide proof of these funds. I plan on taking out a loan for my funds but was going to wait a few more months until I really need. Do I need to have the loan funds in hand now just to fill out this application?

They also ask for a bank reference. Is this a person who can verify where we have a business checking account?

Thanks,
    Paul McIntyre
    Neck of the Woods Brewing

Help

Contact the TTBs help line. 855-882-7665

They have always been helpful to us.
    Cheers!
    -Alan

Comment

Only thing they want to verify is that their is not a secret partner you are not disclosing. U have filed those forms several times, and have always just said I'm starting get with like $10k. Never had a problem.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Comment

They are seeking information pertaining to your plan of operation. Even though we are a small garage startup brewery, we still had to report all source of funds and what financial institution handled these funds.

Remember though, this is separate from your assurance bond. Mine was $1000, but I had to report that money on the financial disclosure since it was $1000 of my money that was being leveraged against the brewery.

As has been stated before though, call the TTB and talk to them. They are quite nice and, as long as you are exceeding respectful and nice to them, they will help you out!

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X