Thread: WTB Broken/Unrepairable Stainless Steel Fermentation/Storage Tank

WTB Broken/Unrepairable Stainless Steel Fermentation/Storage Tank

I know it sounds like an odd request, but I'm looking for a unrepairable/non-functional stainless steel tank for window dressing. Our production area is downstairs in the basement of a building, and I'd like to have something in the window indicating that we do actually make alcohol here (other than the sign).

Size
    Need something with a maximum height of 8.5 feet. Probably in the 3-7bbl range. Would prefer if the outside wasn't too beaten up looking or could be polished up a bit.

But it doesn't need to be functional, in fact I prefer that so I don't get tempted to haul it downstairs and use it if I get tight on tank space.

I'm located in northern VT so obviously I would prefer something I could drive down with the truck and pick up on a slow day, so something in VT/New England is preferred.

Quote Originally Posted by dbiun View Post
    I know it sounds like an odd request, but I'm looking for a unrepairable/non-functional stainless steel tank for window dressing. Our production area is downstairs in the basement of a building, and I'd like to have something in the window indicating that we do actually make alcohol here (other than the sign).

Size
    Need something with a maximum height of 8.5 feet. Probably in the 3-7bbl range. Would prefer if the outside wasn't too beaten up looking or could be polished up a bit.

But it doesn't need to be functional, in fact I prefer that so I don't get tempted to haul it downstairs and use it if I get tight on tank space.

I'm located in northern VT so obviously I would prefer something I could drive down with the truck and pick up on a slow day, so something in VT/New England is preferred.
    I know that this is an old thread but wondering if you were still looking for an old bulk tank. It's a Porter-Lancastrian 5bbl bulk with RJT fittings. Haven't been able to make adapter fittings so might as well get rid of it. Let me know.

Dennis