Stout Tanks 7BBL Electric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stout Tanks 7BBL Electric

I've been looking at the Stout Tanks 7BBL systems and am interested in the electric system they offer. Does anyone have any experience with it? I'd love to hear about any issues you may have had, what you factor in as cost for an average brew session to run the system, how long it take to get your HLT to temp, etc. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Hi Marco,

Check this video of the system out at Man Skirt Brewing in New Jersey: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBvG_grLhTI

Cheers,

John

Comment

I'm also interested. We're planning on going with them for our 7bbl expansion, so any feedback on it would be phenomenal.

Comment

We have the 3bbl electric, and use a navien (tankless natural gas hot water heater) to supply the hlt with hot water. The navien can pump out 180f water at something like 3.5 gal/min which is more than fast enough for us as we mill as the hlt fills (you can also run naviens in series, so two would give you water at 7 gal/min, etc). For us natural gas is way cheaper than electric, but we can still get advantages of electric system. Our strike/sparge water needs no heating once it hits hlt, and the tangical pump mixes the water so there are no cold spots.
        With any system I would say a tankless hot water heater would be one of the greatest additions. Especially now that the navien is something like 98% efficient.
        And for our 3bbl system, by the time sparge is done and boil kettle is full we have already reached a boil.
        I'm happy that we went with stout/brewmation combo and would be happy to talk about it if you have further questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the insight

Comment

Originally posted by Marco85 View Post
            I've been looking at the Stout Tanks 7BBL systems and am interested in the electric system they offer. Does anyone have any experience with it? I'd love to hear about any issues you may have had, what you factor in as cost for an average brew session to run the system, how long it take to get your HLT to temp, etc. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Cheers
            For 7bbl system with electric heating, it need three phase power, for HLT, maybe consider with lower power as it does not to be very high temperature on it. for 7bbl KWT, It will need around 40KW power.

More questions: welcome to check www.brewerybeerequipment.com

Comment

Working...
            X