Recommended Books on Marketing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended Books on Marketing

Anyone have a book on marketing strategy they could recommend? I am reading "Crossing the Chasm" and struggle at times with seeing its applicability to beer and breweries (it is oriented to tech companies/products.) Wondering if there isn't something that is a better fit for the industry. Suggestions?

Originally posted by maltoftheearth View Post
    Anyone have a book on marketing strategy they could recommend? I am reading "Crossing the Chasm" and struggle at times with seeing its applicability to beer and breweries (it is oriented to tech companies/products.) Wondering if there isn't something that is a better fit for the industry. Suggestions?
    Marketing covers a lot. What exactly are you looking for (social media, product developement, distribution, etc.)? Amazons description of that book doesn't really give me any clue as to what you're reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Floor Malted View Post
      Marketing covers a lot. What exactly are you looking for (social media, product developement, distribution, etc.)? Amazons description of that book doesn't really give me any clue as to what you're reading.
      I would categorize "Crossing the Chasm" as strategic marketing b/c it describes how one bridges the gap between early adopters and majority share (very basic overview.) Seems essential to any marketing strategy to address this question.

I'm developing a marketing plan w/o a background in marketing (but I do have PR experience.) We're a small brewery with a small marketing budget so I want to invest right the first time. I have a friend who recommended "Crossing the Chasm" b/c they didn't want us thinking we had succeeded after capturing the first wave of early adopters. I relied on his advice for what was best to read. Now I'm asking others ...

Comment

I would highly recommend Duct Tape Marketing. It is a good actionable book that goes over the basics of how to market a business. A lot of it applies specifically to service companies, but I think a lot of the paradigms apply to breweries as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I help breweries manage their websites faster. I do this with smart, sustainable web design.

Best WordPress Plugins for Breweries | About My Beer management plugin, BrewBuddy

Comment

Originally posted by AlexStandiford View Post
          I would highly recommend Duct Tape Marketing. It is a good actionable book that goes over the basics of how to market a business. A lot of it applies specifically to service companies, but I think a lot of the paradigms apply to breweries as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Thank you -- and it is free online (or some version of it - see below.) Checking it out today. Cheers!

Comment

Social Media Marketing

For social media marketing, I highly recommend Jab Jab Jab Right Hook by Gary Vaynerchuk. The book came out a couple years ago, so some of the specific features of each platform he discusses have changed. But the important context and strategies are the same. He gives fantastic breakdowns of posts and shows exactly why they are good or bad.

And although it's not a marketing book per se, I also recommend Made to Stick by Chip and Dan Heath. It will change the way you communicate ideas and your brand.

Comment

Originally posted by maltoftheearth View Post
              Thank you -- and it is free online (or some version of it - see below.) Checking it out today. Cheers!

http://www.paloalto.com/resource-kit...etingguide.pdf
              oh cool! Thanks!
              I help breweries manage their websites faster. I do this with smart, sustainable web design.

Best WordPress Plugins for Breweries | About My Beer management plugin, BrewBuddy

Comment

Subscribe to the Wizard

A number of years ago, I worked for a chain of radio stations as an advertising sales geek. One of the best resources I've ever come across is a man from Austin, TX by the name of Roy Williams. He bills himself as The Wizard of Ads, and his research and his teaching involve how the brain actually processes an ad message.

He offers a weekly e-mail called the Monday Morning Memo. Google the wizard, and subscribe to his memo.

It will help a lot, not just for breweries, but for any marketer.

Comment

Working...
                X