figuring out dry hop schedule??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• figuring out dry hop schedule??

I have been doing some test batches on a 10 gallon system for an Double IPA. I have finally got my recipe dialed and have converted it over to 7 BBL. The only thing Im having dificulty with is ramping up the dry hops? Its kind of difficult without have any IBU's to calculate off of. In the 10 gallon batch I dry hopped with 9 OZ. total!! Does anyone have a way of figuring out how to calculate this one?

Thanks

Kyle

How long are you dry hopping for, in the fermenter, conditioning tank or serving vessel. I don't have a formula, but here's what I do for my IPA on my 7bbl system. I dry-hop in the fermenter, during the conditioning process for 3-5 days with 2.5# of hops with the option of additional dry hops in the serving tank if needed. No real formula other than tasting it to see if I've achieved my the desired flavor and aroma. I just brewed a double IPA and doubled the dry-hops in the fermenter and the serving tank with wonderful results. I know it's not the most scientific process, but it works for me.

Cheers
    Dave

Comment

thanks dave

Im dry hoping in the fermenter. I usually let it go for 5 days at about 65F. Dave do you filter your IPA. I dont have a filter and am wondering if im going to need to filter to pull the loose hop particles out of suspension. Any ideas on this issue?

Thanks

Comment

Kyle,

No I do not filter. I've been fining in the fermenter 24 hours prior to transfer and fining again in the serving tank. My IPA has a haze to it, but doesn't contain any floaters.

Cheers
        Dave

Comment

Working...
        X