Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best vacuum pump?

Hi all,

We are looking into adding a vacuum pump to our filler. We are currently using a venturi with compressed air to create vacuum, and it doesn't generate enough vacuum. For those of you using a vacuum pump, what are some of the best manufacturers out there, and what are some things to look out for?

Cheers,

Linus Hall
    Yazoo Brewing
    Linus Hall
    Yazoo Brewing
    Nashville, TN
    www.yazoobrew.com

You have some options on pumps, it just depends on how high of vacuum you need. Rotary vane pumps are fairly reliable, I have used these in the past. You can get them at volumes up to 10LPM with a 25 micron max vacuum. I recommend having a vacuum reservoir, kind of like a surge tank for an air compressor, the pump works on it, then you use the tank to draw down on the bottle quickly while the pump can take a little longer to recover it. Haven't done this for a bottle filler, just machine shops and high vacuum coatings labs.

Comment

Rotary Vane pumps will not be able to handle any of the beer or foam that will inevitably end up in there (even with a surge tank). A liquid ring vacuum pump is what you are looking for.

Comment

Hey guys,

Good thread I am in the process of building my own packaging line.... I would love to know who else has put their own together and how thats going. Also regarding vacuum pumps any recomendations for brands and or power specs if it goes in tandem with the surge tank?

PS: also looking to source the filling heads...... for use in a pneumatic line..... double preevac

Thanks
        Todd

Comment

Working...
        X