Could someone please explain 'Tax Determination'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could someone please explain 'Tax Determination'

I understand that TTB wants you to accurately measure your production and pay the proper tax. I understand that you need a tank with a special label, and a documented method of measuring.

But can someone explain the process?

You need a flow meter or another way of accurately measuring the amount of beer sent to the tax determination area. If mechanical or flow meter you need logs of when and who does the calibration of said instruments. The results if each batch need to be recorded before any beer is pulled from the determination area. To start with.
    Joel Halbleib
    Partner / Zymurgist
    Hive and Barrel Meadery
    6302 Old La Grange Rd
    Crestwood, KY
    www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

Nanobrewer Measuring

Originally posted by BrewinLou View Post
      You need a flow meter or another way of accurately measuring the amount of beer sent to the tax determination area. If mechanical or flow meter you need logs of when and who does the calibration of said instruments. The results if each batch need to be recorded before any beer is pulled from the determination area. To start with.
      So with that said, whats the best way to measure for a smaller capacity brewery, specifically under 2 bbl? With the size we are, we would like to bypass brite tanks/serving vessels. So from what I understand, we have to measure before we keg with some sort of flow measuring device? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by JHock08 View Post
        So with that said, whats the best way to measure for a smaller capacity brewery, specifically under 2 bbl? With the size we are, we would like to bypass brite tanks/serving vessels. So from what I understand, we have to measure before we keg with some sort of flow measuring device? Thanks in advance.
        Your tax determination area can be your cold room, ie; kegs

Comment

You will have a 1/2 barrel serving tanks

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
          Troy Robinson
          Quirk Brewing
          Walla Walla

Comment

Working...
          X