No announcement yet.

Why I like to brew on Saturday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do it because I still have my day job. So it's either start the process around 5:30pm or do it on the weekends.
    Marcus Connery
    Wheelhouse Beverages

Comment

Originally posted by GlacierBrewing
      Saturday, wednesday, sunday, whateverday......must brew......must brew....
      I laughed so hard when I read that, I totaly feel you though once you get the fire it's hard to put it out (not that I would want to).

Comment

Here's another: at our brewery, we were in a tourist place where eveyone would come along on the weekends for a drink, meal and a good time out.

My philosophy for the customer was one of 'experience', and I figured there was nothing more boring that staring through the window to a heap of pretty metal of a supposedly 'working brewery' if no one was actually doing anything. We had a sliding door and I could invite people in to throw the hops in, smell the spent grain (!), fantasise about tossing their mother-in-law into the boil, and see the hand-crafting actually happening! Basically, I reckoned that interaction would be fun and possibly a good way to change people's ideas of "I don't drink beer" and also "I only drink Bud" was to try to get some kind of fire inside them too...

I quite liked the circus I created just by doing my job...and I always loved the, "Man, how did you land this?" questions ... which I never got, funnily enough, at 5am or on some non-descript Tuesday afternoon!

Comment

Working...
        X