Barrel Program Records Sheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrel Program Records Sheet

We've been growing our barrel program for a few years now, first just bourbon barrel aging, but now moving into some fermentation and sours as well. I am designing a form that we can use to keep everything organized. One sheet to look at to see where everything is.

Does anyone have an example they would be willing to share? I have some ideas but I'm interested in what others are doing. We currently have 10-12 barrels at a time but I'm looking to grow that to 20-40 in the near future.

I keep a google doc that is always evolving. Currently it has the barrel #, base beer, barrel type (bourbon, red wine etc), barrel capacity, barrel use # base brew date, base batch #, base og, barrel fill date, base fg pre barrel, what I pitched, pitch date, culture origin (white labs, wyeast), topping beer, topping date, where barrel came from, barrel misc info, additions (fruit, spice), addition date, addition quantity, addition supplier, tasting notes, last tasting date, barrel designation (wait, blend, dump)

Like I said it is always evolving. I have about 230 barrels in house right now and I find this document to be very useful but it does take a little time getting it all set up. I also like that I can copy and paste into another tab when package so I always have a record of exactly what went into the release.

Comment

The above poster seems to have the right way to do it in my mind. Assign the barrel a unique number in some sort of indeliable ink/paint, and keep track of everything else in an excel file with the information thats relevent. Base batch number, barrel size, yadda, yadda, yadda

Comment

Working...
      X