Pricing gluten-free beer at the pub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pricing gluten-free beer at the pub

After finding a good source for gluten free ingredients, I'm a bit surprised by the difference in price to brew a batch as opposed to regular malt.

If my calcs hold up, I may be forced to price a pint at $6-7! Will anybody pay that? I'm not planning on going the route of some watered-down brew made with sorghum syrups, and I feel the overall quality will stand out.

Anyone have any experience in pricing a beer and having no takers, based on price alone?

Price would be relative to the beer. An IPA could fetch $7 easily and all day. I'm not sure there's much of a market for that G free stuff. So, if you get no takers, may not be the price.

Comment

I think you could sell a GF beer for $6-7. Start by brewing a half batch and see how it sells. Pricing is going to be relative to your operation, but I just brewed one that is going to cost less to make than our double IPA, and that sells for $5.20 a pint. Most of our beers sell for $4.20, and it will probably be in that bracket. You just have to know what you're market will sustain price wise.

Comment

Working...
      X