Non aluminum safe Glycol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non aluminum safe Glycol?

I'm looking to replace our glycol soon and am in the process of searching for a few 50 gallon drums. One company has a food safe glycol that is apparently non-aluminum safe. The other companies don't give any information whether there's is or isn't aluminum safe. I am not aware of any aluminum in our system but that doesn't mean that there isn't any.

So does anyone have any insight to whether non-aluminum safe glycol is ok to use in a normal glycol system?

Do you have any aluminum in contact with your glycol? If not, and it's food-grade, it's fine.

One word of advice: Use colored glycol. We had a ferm develop an internal glycol leak that might have gone unnoticed until the beer was kegged/bottled and the ferm opened for cleaning, had the beer not been green from my blue marker dye.
    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
    Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Hi,
      You need to get inhibited glycol and you should never mix different brand of glycols.
      I also recommend to send in a glycol sample once a year to your glycol supplier for free check up

Cheers!

Dan Strömberg
      Cooling Market Segment Manager
      Georg Fischer LLC
      Phone: +1 714 368 4196
      Fax: +1 714 368 4197
      Mobile: +1 951 642 2339
      Dan.Stromberg@georgfischer.com

GF Piping Systems
      9271 Jeronimo Rd., Irvine, CA. 92618
      United States
      GF Piping Systems is the leading flow solutions provider across the world. We enable the safe and sustainable transport of fluids. Our business is driven by maintaining industry-leading sustainability levels, innovating through digitally enabled solutions, and investing in a culture built on performance, learning, and caring.

Comment

Working...
      X