Butterfly valves on PUB system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butterfly valves on PUB system

does anyone know what make of butterfly valve PUB used on the brewhouse, I am talking about the welded on ones on the brewhouse manifold, I am in need of the butterfly valve seats and my supplier is having a hard time matching them up.

Fred Colby
    Brewer
    Janitor
    owner
    and general Mess maker
    Laughing Dog Brewing

My pub system has valves from Candigra (Spain) on the manifold. I found a company that can get them for me, but they seem a little expensive. It beats dealing with Pub, however. I got a quote of around $20 US. The company is www.fromagex.com The lady that sent me the quote was Julie Carré [julie@fromagex.com]

I hope this helps...

Bruce

Comment

Good luck! I have/had the same problem. I was never able to match up the valve seats after trying for a couple of years I gave up and scavenged all the good seats from lesser used non-welded valves around the brewery and replaced those valves while using the seats on the manifold. Bad idea to weld discontinued valves on a brewhouse. From what I have seen and heard Pub buys discontinued valves sometimes to save money and I have seen different valves on different Pub Brewhouses. Mine have a Black Handle with an orange release handle on the bottom side, the seats are also orange and the valves have KK stamped on them. If you have the same and actually track them down let me know. PBC sucks! I checked out the spanish valves and they are not what I have. I have seen those on a Pub system locally so maybe you will get lucky!
      Last edited by BigWilley; 08-23-2006, 08:23 AM. Reason: addition
      Big Willey
      "You are what you is." FZ

Comment

Pub Valves

I may Have found the valve it is made by a German Company called
        Nocado, The local winery here turned me onto them when the seat out of one of there valves fit perfectly. If it turns out this is the manufacturer I will let you know.

Fred Colby
        Laughing Dog Brewing

Comment

we bought a used Pub system and had it shipped to DK, we found that every single valve seal was worn out on the brewhouse, we found the new ones with no problem. I have to look up the maker, but if you guys are in a pinch I will, just let me know and i will post it tomorrow

Mike
          www.Lervig.no

Comment

Valve Seats

That would be great!! I am finding most of my valve seats are worn and need replaceing. I only need to hold out for 8 more months and will be putting in a bigger brew-house but 8 months is still a long time to go with leaky seals.

Fred Colby
            laughing Dog Brewing

Comment

Working...
            X