Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loud Glycol Chiller

Hey all,

I have just purchased one of the Kreyer Chilly Max 50 units for my cellar and fermenters. We're about to open and we are a very small Brewpub which is open plan style, My concern is how loud this unit would be and if that will be unpleasant for the patrons.

Has anyone ever been up against one of these? Are they pumping out much noise and heat?

Cheers
    Simon

Ocean Reach Brewing
    Phillip Island, Victoria Australia.

I think most chillers would fall into the 'not quiet' category. Are you able to place it outside away from customers or on the roof?

Comment

I think so, it weighs 130kg so just need to make sure the roof can handle it and I would need to protect it from the elements.

It seems it's the norm to get it out of the way. Outside is harder, not much room but the roof makes sense.

Comment

If its a commercial building I would imagine it would be fine on the roof - you should see how much our HVAC system weighs and it is up there. We have our glycol chiller on a concrete pad behind the building. Its pretty noisy so if you have the choice, mount it as far from customers as possible.

Comment

It also puts out a tremendous amount of heat! Heat you will have to pay for again to have your HVAC unit remove.
          Linus Hall
          Yazoo Brewing
          Nashville, TN
          www.yazoobrew.com

Comment

Thanks all - I thought as much, I guess I had some wishful thinking, this was never going to work inside.

I'll be placing the unit on the roof or outside somewhere.

Cheers,
            Simon

Comment

Working...
            X