'New World' brewer, 'Old World' state of mind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'New World' brewer, 'Old World' state of mind

If you are looking for a brewer to brew IPAs, double IPAs, triple IPAs, etc., I am not your man. If you’re looking for an ‘edgy’, hipster brewer looking for the next trendy ingredient(s) to throw in their ‘beer’, I am not your man. Not saying that I’m not an imaginative or innovative brewer, nor am I saying I’m opposed to experimenting, I’m just not into brewing beers that challenge, and train-wreck, the human palate. If, however, you ARE looking for a meticulous brewer who brews clean, consistent, flavorful beers, especially in the European styles (German, Belgian, English), then I just might be the brewer you’re looking for. In the U.S. brewing industry since ’96, INTERNATIONAL opportunities, however, are extremely welcome. Must be near mountains and/or water. If interested, PM me for a resume/CV, telling me a little about who you are and what you have going.

LANGUAGES (spoken/written)
    English - native speaker
    German - intermediate
    Spanish - conversational

brewer mind state in need of a twist

OK - You had me at 'brew'

We started as a craft beer taproom on eastern shore (Chesapeake bay) then started brewing our own in a Nano 3 barrel system, and just recently opened a bigger location (6 months ago) in Annapolis (again on the Chesapeake Bay). We are a year out of opening a much larger facility, same county about 20minutes away, in a very fast growing market between DC and Baltimore, for distribution, but will also have tasting room and commercial kitchen. It is just myself and husband that has been the manager of this initiative. We have about 7 other employees that are servers, admin and cooks.

We just received preferred provider status with NEXCOM, the military commissary entity so we can go global to military grocery stores (my husband is USNA 85 and retired naval pilot turned brewer). We currently distribute to a hand full of customers and have maintained our two current locations, along with a Class 7 Brewing License and a Maryland State Beer, Wine, Liquor License. Wife manages Operations and Kitchen with full menu.

If any of this interests you, please contact us.

Chesapeake Brewing Co.
    Attached Files

Comment

Golden Lager

After wearing a U.S. Army uniform for almost five years, and watching Navy beat the crap out of Army in the Army/Navy game year after year for a couple of decades, how could you possibly expect me to brew a beer called Beat Army?!? LOL (sent you a pm)
      Last edited by MT5thElement; 08-24-2016, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Yes, we're interested

Originally posted by MT5thElement View Post
        If you are looking for a brewer to brew IPAs, double IPAs, triple IPAs, etc., I am not your man. If you’re looking for an ‘edgy’, hipster brewer looking for the next trendy ingredient(s) to throw in their ‘beer’, I am not your man. Not saying that I’m not an imaginative or innovative brewer, nor am I saying I’m opposed to experimenting, I’m just not into brewing beers that challenge, and train-wreck, the human palate. If, however, you ARE looking for a meticulous brewer who brews clean, consistent, flavorful beers, especially in the European styles (German, Belgian, English), then I just might be the brewer you’re looking for. In the U.S. brewing industry since ’96, INTERNATIONAL opportunities, however, are extremely welcome. Must be near mountains and/or water. If interested, PM me for a resume/CV, telling me a little about who you are and what you have going.

English - native speaker
        German - intermediate
        Spanish - conversational
        I am a career brewer and founder of Triumph Brewing Company. Please see the attached ad which ran ahead of the CBC in Philly this past Spring. I've attached the ad copy below in case the attachment is unreadable.

If Triple IPA Hopalanche is your specialty, then you’re exactly NOT the brewer we’re looking for.

Triumph Brewing Company is opening a new brewpub in Red Bank, New Jersey and we’re looking for an experienced professional to brew balanced beers that don’t taste like pine cones soaked in cough syrup. If you brew a really clean German Pils, we’ll lick your boots clean every afternoon.

Full benefits + fat salary + relocation expenses paid + chicks galore (or dudes)

Gonna be in Philly for the CBC? We will. Let’s talk.

Send cover letter and resume to: beer@triumphbrew.com
        Attached Files

Comment

PMed you

PMed you with some info

Comment

Any interest?

Please see our job posting and send me a resume if interested.

Comment

Central Texas Brewery

We are a new brewery located in central Texas - heart of the Texas hill country with lots of lakes and gulf beaches not too far away. If you are interested - please send an email to centexbrewery@gmail.com. Thanks!

Originally posted by MT5thElement View Post

English - native speaker
              German - intermediate
              Spanish - conversational

Comment

Are you still available?

If so, would be interested in hearing from you.

Comment

Brewing opportunity in Peru

Not sure if you are interested but would be interesting to see your CV and consider you for our Head Brewer job... Below is the job posting we have!

Send me your resume if interested... juan@cerveceriadelvalle.com.

Cervecería Del Valle Sagrado (Brewery of the Sacred Valley), located in the Sacred Valley of Peru, is seeking to fill its head brewer position by July 1, 2017. We are a small brewery and taproom producing roughly 8,000L and selling all our product in kegs. We strive to be a sustainable brewery distributing the majority of our product in the Cusco/Sacred Valley/Machu Picchu area with some product also being shipped to specialty accounts in Lima and Arequipa. The head brewer is directly responsible for brewing core recipes, developing seasonal recipes, following and creating established processes, and instilling a strong company culture. The brewery is equipped with a 5bbl system and 6 10bbl fermenters and 2 5bbl fermenters. We are starting a barrel aged program and also a sour program. The head brewer is a salaried position reporting to the general manager and is responsible for the management of all brewing operations. Cervecería Del Valle has been awarded the medals of Best Brewery in Peru 2016 and 2017 and has won 23 international medals in various competitions.

The primary duties, but not limited to, will include
                  • Responsible for the entire brewing and quality control process from “grain to glass”, including scheduling, inventory, brewing, cellaring, QA/QC, and packaging/kegging operations
                  • Execution of existing recipes and collaboration with the management team to develop new and unique beers.
                  • Responsible for developing and maintaining production schedules and meeting targeted production metrics
                  • Oversee a small brew team with diverse range of knowledge.
                  • Ability and willingness to educate staff (bartenders, servers, production, cellar, etc.) on beer styles and craft beer culture
                  • Continual effort to advance the beer program.
                  • Perform and schedule equipment maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs to minimize brewery down time.
                  • Maintain a clean, safe and well organized facility.

The ideal candidate must have the following qualifications:

• Minimum of 4 years experience in a production brewery or brewpub ideally in a lead or management position.
                  • Moderate to advance Spanish.
                  • Brewing diploma or education a must.
                  • Ability to work independently, unsupervised long and irregular hours. You are the head brewer!
                  • Problem-solver attitude and great attention to details.
                  • Over the top passion for beer.
                  • Extreme knowledge of beer styles.
                  • Recipe formulation experience.
                  • Knowledge of safety processes including hazardous materials.
                  • Physical capability of routinely and repeatedly lifting 60 pounds and/or moving 165 pounds.
                  • Elevated communication skills and ability to interact with the public.
                  • Certified cicerone a plus.
                  • Having lived in South America or abroad a plus.

Interested applicants please send their CV and cover letters to Juan@cerveceriadelvalle.com. We are looking to have someone in Cusco and ready to work ASAP. The plan is for the chosen brewer to have several weeks of work together with our current head brewer before being handed the reins.

Juan Mayorga
                  General Manager and Founder
                  Cerveceria del Valle Sagrado and Taproom

Comment

Working...
                  X