Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is your Brewery Structured?

Hi,

As I dig deeper into getting my feet wet with starting a nano I was wondering how you all structured your brewery from the start? Meaning did your group of "founders" establish a hierarchy? Naming a CEO, COO, CFO, etc. Thanks in advance!

Dan

We incorporated from the start. In order to do so we needed to name president, Vice President, and secretary at the very least for the paperwork.
    It seems like titles (call them what you want) and attached responsibilities should be crystal clear from the start so you know what you are getting into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Spend some free quality time poking around on Nolo getting up to speed on Corporations vs LLCs. Officially designating as an S-Corp, for example, requires registering corporate officers (though the scope of those jobs is somewhat open to interpretation...) while an LLC only requires that you are Member-Managed or Manager-Managed. But regardless it's good to have your roles and responsibilities set in advance, with the understanding that everyone may have to help out with everything sometimes.
      Russell Everett
      Co-Founder / Head Brewer
      Bainbridge Island Brewing
      Bainbridge Island, WA

Comment

Thanks for the replies!

Comment

Working...
        X