Premier Stainless equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have brewed on 3 premier systems

I was a brewer for a chain in florida we had a 3 1/2bbl, 5bbl, and a 10bbl premier systems. I never had an issue with hot water overflow during heat exchange. system was extremely efficient and easy to operate.Rob at premier was always very patient and helpful when I called for parts or had questions. would love to brew on a premier system again. Good luck on your project.

Comment

Originally posted by jbebe
      I was a brewer for a chain in florida we had a 3 1/2bbl, 5bbl, and a 10bbl premier systems. I never had an issue with hot water overflow during heat exchange. system was extremely efficient and easy to operate.Rob at premier was always very patient and helpful when I called for parts or had questions. would love to brew on a premier system again. Good luck on your project.

Thats great to hear that there were no issues with hot water overflow. Have you brewed on any other systems, or just the premier? Was your 10 Bbl a "combi" system?

hoprocketeer

Comment

Yes have brewed on pub systems also

Yes i have brewed on a couple 7bbl pub systems, and yes they did seem under sized. I had issues with overflow as well. let us all know when you make a decision. look forward to seeing news as you progress.

Comment

While I never brewed on their systems, Rob and his gang did make 5 brite tanks for us that were extremely well fabricated as well I do not think there is anyone more patient and understanding of a brewers needs then Rob.

Comment

Premier was one of 13 equipment quotes we got for our system, and Rob was pleasant and helpful throughout the process. We ultimately chose a system from Newlands, but Premier was our #2 choice. Its a lot of system for the money.

I just spent some time brewing on a PSS 10hl system at another pub. Personally I like having mash and lauter in the same vessel, but thats just me. Also, we overflowed the HLT during knockout on a regular basis. I didn't spend any time investigating why since its not my brewery, but FWIW my brewhouse will have a double-size HLT for this reason (single stage HE though.)

As I understand it from Rob, while PSS has a standard setup, they'll make you whatever you want, so I'm sure you could have things spec'd the way you like them. Best of luck!

Comment

great service, but why pay so much for the middle-man markup?

Everyone knows they're buying their equipment from China, why not go direct to the supplier they use and save 40-50%?

Comment

A. Because HGM won't sell to you directly AFAIK. If you want to see all the cool stuff HGM makes that premier doesn't advertise (but can get) check them out for yourself.

B. Because the markup is nowhere near 50% anyway.

C. Because I don't have the time to fly to china and make sure I'm buying quality products and not knock-offs. Do you speak Mandarin anyway?

Lots of Chinese manufacturers will try to sell you pretty pictures of well made floor models, or even blatant pictures of other people's equipment they did NOT make. When investing $100,000+ into equipment and more than that into your company it is not worth ending up with headaches and crap equipment and even worse bad beer. You only get one chance to make a good impression. I've seen some of these nightmares happen, you don't want to go down that road 3 months after you open trying desperately to not have to close while you source a new brewhouse and spend a year trying to get money from the company in China that is now somehow closed for business (BIG SUPRISE) and has moved on to the next sucker and you never see a penny back.

Good things aren't cheap.

Cheap things aren't good.

Nobody wants to overpay, but if you think Premier stuff is expensive get yourself a Braukon or Rolec quote. Premier is well priced for what you are getting, a solid system that will brew award winning beer until well after you are 6 feet under. It's not the kind of system where you can push a button and it makes beer for you, but you are paying market value for a well built quality system.

Period.

Comment

With Premier you are paying for a few things you dont always get dealing direct with China. You can have detailed conversations in good English, you know they will stand behind their work if there is a problem and you are paying money to an American company you can easily visit and vet. Not many people have the experience or time to check out a Chinese manufacturer first hand. We have had a few problems with a certain Chinese mfgr. and I know a local company who deals with Chinese manufacturers on other brewery related equipment. They have visited China to inspect some of the factories and have said that the quality varies widely. They have shown up to factories that have presented themselves as state of the art complete with pictures of shiny equipment etc only to find dirt floors and subpar practices and rusted antiquated machinery. That being said if you put in the time and find the right supplier you can save some money but I doubt the 40-50% you are claiming. If so send me a 60 Bbl fermenter for $11,000 that I wont have to pay a local welder to fix.

Comment

You guys do realize that matthew.shone is either working directly with or shilling for one of those companies, right?

Matthew, the reason that people are willing to pay extra to a domestic middle man is because of the service. They have someone that they can go to for support, warranty, etc. Someone with whom they can communicate fine details with. Someone domestic that they can enlist to help with installation if needed as well. When dealing with industry in foreign country, there is more risk involved. What if the tank arrives and leaks? Parts are missing? etc. You're out of luck. You can try to contact the factory directly, but chances are they won't do anything to fix it. If they were reputable, they wouldn't have sent junk in the first place. I would CONSIDER a direct dealing if I had a bunch of verifiable references that said "yes, they do good work".

I want to make it quite clear, I am NOT a China basher. On the contrary, I love China and the Chinese people in general. I have been there twice, for a total of one month, was generally treated very well and hope to be able to return someday.

Comment

Working...
                    X