Premier Stainless equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier Stainless equipment

I am looking at purchasing brewery equipment for a brewpub project I am working on. One of the equipment manufacturers we are looking at is Premier Stainless, out of California. Does anybody have any experience with their equipment, either good or bad....indifferent?

Cheers...

Hoprocketeer

They're ok...I'm working on one now. Under installations for Asia, you'll find Aizu-Wakamatsu...that's us

They make some quality stuff, though we've had the solenoid valves had to be replaced so many times we have up on them and just turn the darn things manually...

Apperantly the guys who bought this system didn't really know what they were doing before my boss bought them out, but the rig managed to hold up pretty well to the abuse. I'd say if the price is right, they're worth a look.
    www.devilcraft.jp
    www.japanbeertimes.com

Comment

I am friends with a brewery who has a 1000 lt setup from them, plus I think Robert is a stand up guy, the equipment seems like good quality for the price. I think you could do a lot worse than Premier Stainless.
      www.Lervig.no

Comment

Nice equipment and good customer service

The Fermenters and servings tanks I bought from Premier Stainless were nice good quality inside and out. Best of all he has good customers service unlike some others I wont mention. I will buy from them again in the future.
        Cheers

Comment

I hear good things about their equipment, and Rob at Premier Stainless tracked down some gaskets for my Bohemian FV's. He actually responded to my "ISO" post here on Probrewer.com. He was very helpful and seems like a great guy to work with.

Jeff Byrne
          Brewer
          Trailhead Brewing Co.
          Jeff Byrne

Comment

I don't think that we will be requiring solenoid valves, but definitely that is something we'll keep an eye out for. I'm seeing a trend here. Quality equipment and good customer service. And their pricing is very competive. How can one beat that?

Cheers...

Hoprocketeer

Comment

I also had a very nice experience with Premier Stainless for some gasket sourcing on an old Bohemian System. I also had a nice experience with Frank Ma of Pacific Brewery System Technologies with our Danfoss Glycol Chilling unit we purchased from him and when the compressor broke rod one month into service Frank over night shipped a unit plus covered the cost of the tech to recharge the system. Both suppliers very nice to work with.

Comment

Same story.

Rob takes care of me well. Great customer service. Quality products. Highly recommend. When there is so much junk sold by indifferent, disreputable jokers out there, Premier stands out.
                Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

[QUOTE=Jephro]I hear good things about their equipment, and Rob at Premier Stainless tracked down some gaskets for my Bohemian FV's. He actually responded to my "ISO" post here on Probrewer.com. He was very helpful and seems like a great guy to work with.

Jeff...
                  Where were you able to source Bohemian FV gaskets? I have some from GW Kent, but they don't exactly fit and don't provide the best seal for my top loading FVs. Thanks in advance.

Cheers
                  Pete

Comment

Mash/lauter/hlt specifics

Are any of you brewing on the combination mashl/lauter+hlt setup?

I have concerns with hot liquor capacity, and capacity on the refill which exits the outflowing side of the heat exchanger. I have brewed on an old "pub" system which where we would have the hot liquor tank overflowing with water after knockout was only partially finished. I don't want any water going to the drain!

I've heard that depending on the diameter of the lauter tun/hlt combo, the lauter tun can be oversized. Anybody had this problem?

Thanks again,

hoprocketeer
                    Last edited by hoprocketeer; 09-12-2006, 09:22 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

you can always set up a buffer tank, but if you manage the water correctly you can minumize the waste. keep your HE spotless and it will always cool with the minimum amount of water.

If your doing more than one batch per day you may want a dbbl sized HLT; In this case you would have a seperate hlt than on your monobloc...
                      www.Lervig.no

Comment

Bohemian FV gaskets from Rob

Pete,
                        Yes, the gaskets are a perfect fit for my top loading Bohemian FV's. Get in touch with Rob I bet he can still get them. He may want to see a pic of the FV, he should know from that if they will fit.
                        his email: rob@premierstainless.com

Jeff
                        Jeff Byrne

Comment

Originally posted by hoprocketeer
                          Are any of you brewing on the combination mashl/lauter+hlt setup?

I have concerns with hot liquor capacity, and capacity on the refill which exits the outflowing side of the heat exchanger. I have brewed on an old "pub" system which where we would have the hot liquor tank overflowing with water after knockout was only partially finished. I don't want any water going to the drain!
                          I also brewed on a Pub system like that, and we ran a hose from the HLT overflow up into the mash tun and filled it as well (of course, you gotta get the mash tun clean before the boil is done!). Gave us enough hot water to do all of our cleaning, and refill the kettle for the next day's brew.

Cheers, Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Jephro
                            Pete,
                            Yes, the gaskets are a perfect fit for my top loading Bohemian FV's. Get in touch with Rob I bet he can still get them. He may want to see a pic of the FV, he should know from that if they will fit.
                            his email: rob@premierstainless.com

Jeff

Thanks Jeff...
                            Ill be getting in touch with Rob soon

Cheers,
                            Pete

Comment

Originally posted by tarmadilo
                              I also brewed on a Pub system like that, and we ran a hose from the HLT overflow up into the mash tun and filled it as well (of course, you gotta get the mash tun clean before the boil is done!). Gave us enough hot water to do all of our cleaning, and refill the kettle for the next day's brew.

Cheers, Tim
                              Tim,

How much water did you have left in the mash tun after knockout was finished? We wasted ALOT of water at a brewery I used to work at, and we even had a two stage heat exchanger! Which tells me that the heat exchanger to knock it down with city water was not correctly sized, or pump undersized, or maybe we should have had 1.5 inch hoses rather than 1 inch? I don't want to waste ANY water, as we will be tying into a "water" theme and the environment.....

hoprocketeer

Comment

Working...
                              X