Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free online tool - Electric Brewing Percent Setting Worksheet

Hi friends,
    Just wanted to share with you a free tool we launched on our website. We built an excel calculator that can help you more precisely target your end volume by adjusting the percentage on your heating element.

http://conical-fermenter.com/Electri...Worksheet.html

Hope you enjoy and we would love to hear your comments!
    Last edited by StoutTanks; 08-16-2018, 02:15 PM.

Questions

Thanks for posting this, but I am a little confused. The evaporation rate be strongly affected by kettle diameter, right? Does this assume a specific Stout tank?

Comment

Hi NSNano,

There are many factors that affect evaporation rate. We are assuming that the kettle will be able to successfully vent the steam generated by the boil. So, the evaporation rate is a calculation of the btu's that are input to the kettle, knowing how many btu's it takes to evaporate water. We recognize that different kettles will behave differently, but this ought to get you in the right ballpark if you are trying to evaporate a a certain amount of wort.

When I am brewing, I re-check the volume as the boil progresses and I tweak the power level to hit my desired ending volume.

In summary, it's a good tool to help you figure out how to set your electric element heating levels to achieve a desired evaporation rate and/or volume of wort to boil off. With use, you may very well determine that your kettle behaves a certain way, and you need to adjust the %'s up or down to get the desired results.

Comment

Originally posted by stouttanks
        Try the tool for FREE
        I like your tool, seems very useful. We have Stout BBT and various equipment. Any chance you would allow the % boil off rate to be variable (so it can be changed by the user)?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisDino View Post
          I like your tool, seems very useful. We have Stout BBT and various equipment. Any chance you would allow the % boil off rate to be variable (so it can be changed by the user)?
          Hi Chris,

That's a great idea! We've updated the spreadsheet so you can now enter your own evaporation rate as a % and it will tell you the gallons/hr.

If you are not seeing the change when you download the spreadsheet, try again either in a private browser window or after clearing your cache.

Cheers,

John/Stout Tanks and Kettles, LLC
          Portland, OR
          support@stouttanks.com
          503-372-9580

Comment

Very nice tool. How about to show an example? Just to make it clear.

Best regards.

Wanson

Comment

Batch Size?

Shouldn't the Batch size be pre boil volume? Or does the spreadsheet calculate that?
              Jason Blair
              MadCow Brewing Company

Comment

Originally posted by madcowbrewing View Post
                Shouldn't the Batch size be pre boil volume? Or does the spreadsheet calculate that?
                Hi Jason,

Thanks for the great question!

The spreadsheet does account for that. If you put in a 93 gallon batch size and 8% evaporation rate, it gives you an 8.1 gallons/hr evaporation. 8.1 gal + 93 gal. = 101.1 gallons. And 101.1 * 8% = 8.1 gallons.

Cheers,

John/Stout Tanks and Kettles, LLC
                Portland, Oregon
                stouttanks.com
                503-372-9580

Comment

Free tool to help you make the best beer for 2018! We also offer plenty of brewing support. Give Stout Tanks and Kettles a call at 503-372-9580 and check out the launch of our new website. https://conical-fermenter.com/
                  Last edited by StoutTanks; 07-23-2018, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Bump it now

Comment

Working...
                    X