Thread: Free online tool - Electric Brewing Percent Setting Worksheet

Free online tool - Electric Brewing Percent Setting Worksheet

Hi friends,
    Just wanted to share with you a free tool we launched on our website. We built an excel calculator that can help you more precisely target your end volume by adjusting the percentage on your heating element.

http://conical-fermenter.com/Electri...Worksheet.html

Hope you enjoy and we would love to hear your comments!

Questions

Thanks for posting this, but I am a little confused. The evaporation rate be strongly affected by kettle diameter, right? Does this assume a specific Stout tank?

Hi NSNano,

There are many factors that affect evaporation rate. We are assuming that the kettle will be able to successfully vent the steam generated by the boil. So, the evaporation rate is a calculation of the btu's that are input to the kettle, knowing how many btu's it takes to evaporate water. We recognize that different kettles will behave differently, but this ought to get you in the right ballpark if you are trying to evaporate a a certain amount of wort.

When I am brewing, I re-check the volume as the boil progresses and I tweak the power level to hit my desired ending volume.

In summary, it's a good tool to help you figure out how to set your electric element heating levels to achieve a desired evaporation rate and/or volume of wort to boil off. With use, you may very well determine that your kettle behaves a certain way, and you need to adjust the %'s up or down to get the desired results.

Try the tool for FREE