Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building an "Octopus" keg filler, looking for reference pics/info

Hello all,

We are looking at building an octopus like keg filler for our brewery but we are trying to find some reference pictures/info to go off of before we buy everything and build it.

Any pictures/info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Keg filler manifold

Originally posted by KjS View Post
    Hello all,
    We are looking at building an octopus like keg filler for our brewery but we are trying to find some reference pictures/info to go off of before we buy everything and build it.
    Thanks!
    Here you go... You can also daisy-chain multiple kegs between the manifold and the GW Kent filler if you want. We're selling this setup for $1400 (plus shipping) if you're interested.

Click image for larger version

Name:	kegfiller.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	191210
    Kevin Shertz
    Chester River Brewing Company
    Chestertown, MD

Comment

Thanks for the picture Kevin. That's what I was assuming it would look like, but I just wanted to make sure before we moved forward with it. If we decide to but instead of build I'll let you know

Thanks again!

Comment

You only need one valve between the brite and the manifold, not valves on every output, especially if you have valves on each keg coupler.

I would, however, advise a sight glass between the manifold and the valve, to view any sludge coming out at the beginning/end of packaging.

Comment

Originally posted by theomuller View Post
          You only need one valve between the brite and the manifold, not valves on every output, especially if you have valves on each keg coupler.
          We found it helpful to have each because depending on how many kegs we were filling, our daisy-chained system didn't always require each output. YMMV.
          Kevin Shertz
          Chester River Brewing Company
          Chestertown, MD

Comment

Originally posted by ChesterBrew View Post
            We found it helpful to have each because depending on how many kegs we were filling, our daisy-chained system didn't always require each output. YMMV.
            That's what I was thinking. It's nice to have the option of opening/shutting the valve depending on the situation. Nothing wrong with being prepared!

Comment

the one at our brewery uses all standard TC parts. We fill 4 at a time, so we simple hook a cross to the tank and a tee on the opposite end of that cross so that the through part of the tee is parallel with the tank. Hose barbs on the four outlets and you're good to go

Comment

Originally posted by KjS View Post
                Hello all,

Any pictures/info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
                Hi,

Brewman can customize manual 4-heads or 6-heads keg filler.
                Contact with us and get our quotation:-)

Cheers,
                Brewman Machinery Equipment Co.

Comment

Working...
                X