Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License issue in Ohio.

Hello,

I am in the process of opening a brewpub with a few guys who own a few restaurants. I am the just the brewer so I hold no ownership currently and I am not going to be on the license. The main issue at hand is the licenses on the restaurants (4 of them in total) are class D and I am seeking a A1A license for the brewery. My first option in dealing with this is to convert all of the D licenses to A1A licenses in order to keep everything legal. Obviously, this would involve putting a small 5-10 gallon brewing system in each restaurant and fulfilling the minimum requirements for the A1A license. Which leads me to my next question.

1. Would I be able to transfer a system (IE use a portable system) from restaurant to restaurant?

2. Do I need a designated brewing space for each restaurant? One of the restaurants does not have a basement which is where I was planning to put brewing equipment in each restaurant.

3. Do I need to have a hood vent for all of the brewing spaces in each location?

Conversely, after talking to a few people in the area it seems possible that we could file under an LLC for our brewpub license and leave the rest of the licenses as is.

Anyways, if anyone has experience with licensing issues while holding different classes and could help me out I'd appreciate it.

Not in Ohio

We have 2 restaurants and the state will not issue a A1A or A1C unless both are brewpubs. We are getting the small all in one Pita system for the second and a SABCO for the other to start out with. We have been in waiting now for 9 months.

Comment

Working...
    X