Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How high

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how high they are stacking full cartons of beer? Would you stack a pallet with, say 10 layers of cartons, on top of anthor pallet with the same amount?

Cheers

Originally posted by Gbbc View Post
    Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how high they are stacking full cartons of beer? Would you stack a pallet with, say 10 layers of cartons, on top of anthor pallet with the same amount?

Cheers
    We stack 60 on a pallet: five layers of 12 each. Any more than that and weight and mobility become issue for us. If you have the equipment, I would double stack two pallets in the cold room but I would not move double stacked pallets around.

Prost!
    Dave
    Glacier Brewing Company
    406-883-2595
    info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

FWIW, I have seen the full 60 case pallets stacked 4 hi. They are however removed 1 pallet at a time and well wrapped with shrink wrap never had a issue
      Mike Eme
      Brewmaster

Comment

At my time at a fairly large production brewery, we would stack 60 case pallets 3 high...we were also on a pretty active fault and never had any issues.

Comment

96 x 2

I do 96 cases. 12 per tier 8 high and double stack in the cooler. Never had a problem>

Comment

We used to do 10 cases per layer 12 layers high, but have found just 10x10 to be easier for many reasons.

Comment

Can or bottle?

The guys doing 10+ layers, are you stacking bottles or cans?
              Marius Graff,
              Head Brewer, Graff Brygghus
              Tromsø, Norway

Comment

Originally posted by MariusGraff View Post

Cans. Sorry this response is so late.

Comment

Back in my misspent youth at a large San Francisco brewery, we'd do 6 layers of 10 cases of stubby bottles, shrinkwrap the pallet, then stack those three or four high – this in earthquake country. This sounds a little shorter than others, don't know if that was for some structural reason or if it was just easier for sales/inventory purposes to move cases around 60 at a time rather than 80 or 100 – I was packaging line grunt, they didn't pay me to think. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by MariusGraff View Post
                    Cans here.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply...thank you to all for the advise

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                      X