Plumbing Post Trench Drain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plumbing Post Trench Drain

Hey Everyone I am in the process of getting all of my rough in plumbing done and had a question that I cannot seem to find an answer to. I have a 12' stainless trench drain but wanted to know what type of piping I should use post trench drain. I don't want the pipes to fail on me and have to bust up the concrete a few years down the road. Is ABS ok for this type of situation or is there something more chemical resistant I should be looking at?

Floors and drains

Originally posted by JonesCreek View Post
    Hey Everyone I am in the process of getting all of my rough in plumbing done and had a question that I cannot seem to find an answer to. I have a 12' stainless trench drain but wanted to know what type of piping I should use post trench drain. I don't want the pipes to fail on me and have to bust up the concrete a few years down the road. Is ABS ok for this type of situation or is there something more chemical resistant I should be looking at?
    I would love the help out if I can. feel free to give me a call or shoot me an email.

Chris@cascadefloors.com or 541-510-1080
    Chris Klein
    Cell 541-510-1080
    Office (503) 769-6823
    WWW.CASCADEFLOORS.COM
    chris@cascadefloors.com

Comment

Originally posted by JonesCreek View Post
      Cast iron is your best bet but pricey. ABS is good. Then Sched 80 then 40 PVC.

That's my understanding. A lot of problems can be mitigated by being careful of what you put down your drains. Even PVC is pretty chemical resistant. It's the high temps you have to watch out for.

Comment

Working...
      X