Would like to see a Meheen labeler in action before the end of the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would like to see a Meheen labeler in action before the end of the year

Hi all I am looking for anyone who is running a new Meheen with their labeler preferably also using their recommended dairy glue. I am looking for someone who is successfully bottling then labeling, not pre labeling. Yes I have already called Meheen and they are looking for me but apparently this was a harder request then they thought because they have not found anyone who isn't prelabeling yet. We are looking to but the labeler to pair with our new bottler but we want to see it in a real world setting successfully labeling cold wet bottles that are at 32F and the label staying on. We can fly anywhere that is not a problem. Looking to do this before the end of the year because we want to make the purchase before the end of the year to avoid increased tax liabilities next year. If you can please help us out and open your packaging floor to us for just part of a day during a bottling run we would be so, so grateful.

Cheers

Jamie Baertsch
    Moosejaw Pizza & Wisconsin Dells Brewing Co.
    Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
    608-963-9823
    Brewmaster@dellsmoosejaw.com

Having done it that way for years, I would highly not recommend trying to label after filling. To be successful, the right glue is critical, and we found that even then we had problems when the outside temperature and humidity changes. You'll be a lot happier with a pressure-sensitive labeller before the filler.
    Linus Hall
    Yazoo Brewing
    Nashville, TN
    www.yazoobrew.com

Comment

Thank you for the insight Linus yes I have been (and still am) pre labeling for many years. I don't actually believe that you can label pressure sensitive labels after filling; that's a job for cold glue. But Meheen swears it can be done (once again I drought it) but the owner wants to investigate this claim and if by some magic glue they can pull it off well that cuts our packaging time in half. So just throwing up a hail mary and looking for the packaging unicorn.

cheers

Jamie Baertsch

Comment

Originally posted by J.M.Martin View Post
        Thank you for the insight Linus yes I have been (and still am) pre labeling for many years. I don't actually believe that you can label pressure sensitive labels after filling; that's a job for cold glue. But Meheen swears it can be done (once again I drought it) but the owner wants to investigate this claim and if by some magic glue they can pull it off well that cuts our packaging time in half. So just throwing up a hail mary and looking for the packaging unicorn.

cheers

Jamie Baertsch
        Not sure if this is what you are looking for? https://youtu.be/SD01T6i5XqY
        Talk to these guys about he adhesive. Our labels always went on beautifully and stayed on. No issues with wet and cold bottles in any way.http://www.reidgraphics.com/service/labels/

Comment

Hey,
          We use both the Meheen filler and the Meheen labeler. We label the cold wet bottles directly after filling using Pressure sensitive lables made of plastic. It's not perfect, but it does work. The labels stick on good, but it's easy for them to get wrinkly. So every now and then you have to remove the label and put ot back on the conveyor. They come off easily while the bottles are wet. We also use a small air knife to remove the excess water from the exterior spray/rinse.
          If you want to see it running you're welcome to fly out to Norway, but I doubt it
          Let me know if you have any questions.
          Marius Graff,
          Head Brewer, Graff Brygghus
          Tromsø, Norway

Comment

Lol nice well I am glad someone is able to label after bottling on cold wet bottles! Thank you for the video and the lead on adhesive I do appreciate it very much. Norway is tempting but might be a bit farther then we were thinking of flying.

Cheers thank you all for the help

Jamie Baertsch
            Wisconsin Dells Brewing

Comment

We also label on cold, wet labels using an Inline Labeling, INC Paradigm 700 (pressure sensitive). This is the labeler Meheen was recommending before making their own. Works great, no issues!

Christian
              Elevation Beer Co

Comment

We label after filling with no problems. Took our label supplier a few trials of different adhesive til they found the right one. Ever since we haven't had a single label not stick or go on wrinkly...that's with probably 1,000 cases run through with no issues.

Comment

we also label cold wet bottles right off the meheen bottler right onto the meheen labeler conveyor. i think this is as much a function of the type of label and label supplier as it is the label machine. We use metallic pressure senstive labels on a white paper backing roll for 99% of our labels with virtually no issues... we did a craft paper style label on a clear plastic background, and while they applied fine, there was significant wrinkling over time.

we've also used the meheen labeler to do cold wet cans... certainly some adjustments are required coming from bottles, trial and error and what not, but no adhesion issues or wrinkling issues.

Comment

Working...
                  X