anyone hook there nano ferms to the bug glycol system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone hook there nano ferms to the bug glycol system

We are in the process of getting our nano system going and bought a couple of glycol chilled fermentors I was wondering if anyone else hooked there tanks up to the "house" glycol system if so are ya willing to share your equipment lists and any hints I would appreciate it
    Mike Eme
    Brewmaster

Nothing special, just used the same piping, solenoids, and temp controllers I use on my big tanks.

FWIW, pilot system tanks are 2bbl Glacier

Comment

Just build a 5port manifold with solenoids and temp controllers. I would make he recommendation that you size the ports to greatly reduce the flow; we've had huge temp swings due to the temp controller not sensing the drop before the jacket is full of ice cold glycol. Also consider getting heat jackets/wraps, big ones.

Comment

Originally posted by theomuller View Post
        Just build a 5port manifold with solenoids and temp controllers. I would make he recommendation that you size the ports to greatly reduce the flow; we've had huge temp swings due to the temp controller not sensing the drop before the jacket is full of ice cold glycol. Also consider getting heat jackets/wraps, big ones.
        You need PID temp controllers. These will "anticipate" the cooling need, and help reduce your problems.

It also looks like your glycol is too cold--26-27F is about ideal. Much lower, and you're wasting energy--chillers operate most efficiently within their design parameters--and causing icing problems.
        Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
        Terminal Gravity Brewing,
        Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
        X