Beer Line Cleaner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer Line Cleaner?

We've been using BLC to clean our beer lines. It seems to me that I've seen a cleaner with a dye indicator that changes color with pH, to indicate active cleaner and full rinse. Anyone have any tips for where to find this, or am I just imagining things again?
    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
    Enterprise. Oregon.

Timm,

I haven't used the cleaner you're talking about but I know I saw it in the Foxx catalog last year - they can probably help you track it down.

Cheers
    Manuel

Comment

Thanks, Manuel! I think that may have been where I saw this product.
      Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
      Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Originally posted by TGTimm View Post
        We've been using BLC to clean our beer lines. It seems to me that I've seen a cleaner with a dye indicator that changes color with pH, to indicate active cleaner and full rinse. Anyone have any tips for where to find this, or am I just imagining things again?
        This may be what you're thinking of: Desana Max from Thonhauser. It starts out one color (purple, if I remember right) then changes color to yellow and possibly brown if beer lines are quite dirty. I got some samples at CBC and tried them out. Works well, but not sold in bulk, so you have to open a lot of packets to make up more than a gallon or two of solution.

Comment

Hey Tim, National Chemicals, who makes BLC, also makes tablets you can add to line cleaner to dye it, I think its called All Clear. That way when rinsing you will see that all the line cleaner has been pushed out.

Cheers,
          Rich DeLano
          rich@thebrewinglair.com

Comment

Thanks, Rich! I'll see if our supplier can get it.
            Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
            Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
            X