Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to find posts for giant corny kegs???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find posts for giant corny kegs???

I have the chance to buy a few 75 gallon corny keg-style tanks at a pretty good price. They don't have lids, but will take regular corny lids according to the seller. There's a gas in standard corny post and a threaded openning for a dip tube. The dip tubes are included, but not the post that would go above. The opening is 1" diameter. Anyone have any idea where I would find a compatible fitting?

Additionally: Anyone have any personal experience with tanks like these want to chime in pro or con? Seems like a cheap way to grab some extra storage.

Thanks!Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	194683

Tanks are like this: Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	191275

Comment

I suppose the easiest thing would be to throw a tri clover to 1" female NPT adapter on.... Curious to know if the actual post exist somewhere out there.

Comment

Are those actual Cornelius brand kegs? If so, I'd contact Cornelius. I think they're still in business.
        Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
        Terminal Gravity Brewing,
        Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

I just bought the same ones. Ill let you know how they are when they come in

Comment

Not saying this is the fitting, but a starting place to search. Looks like a hydraulic qd fitting flare to me.

McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.
            Todd G Hicks
            BeerDenizen Brewing Services

Comment

That 1" fitting is not NPT. The threads are straight, not tapered. It may be possible to run a die over the fitting to make it 1" 11 1/2tpi NPT, then add a 1" NPT to TC flange fitting. It'll take a little fabrication to get the existing dip tube to work with this, but it would be no problem at all to fab a diptube that's part of the NPT-TC flange fitting.
              Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
              Terminal Gravity Brewing,
              Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Standard Pin Lock?

Is the QD fitting on the tank a standard pin lock, as in Coke style, fitting?

I'm thinking of getting some, did you have any luck finding a standard fitting for the 1"?

Comment

Sorry that this is not helping, but does anyone know if there are any more of these? I'm looking for larger than 5 gallon corny's.

Thanks

Comment

Mine were just delivered. Found this thread searching for a good solution. I'll update if i find one. I'm also thinking of getting a 5th corny lid, drilling it out and welding an attachment to put a male npt thread/female cip ball in

Comment

I just received one of these, has anyone found a solution to this yet?

Comment

Waiting to hear back from a machine shop on a quote. Looking to have a coupler made. Well a set od couplers. If it's a reasonable price I'll post their contact info

Comment

This is where they are from. They still seem to have some left. http://www.usedstainlesssteelbarrels...gs-inside-pod/

If people find solutions to the fittings, I'd be very interested in hearing. Didn't order, as it seemed the 'deal' might well evaporate once the pain in the ass factor of trying to get them up and running was factored in.

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighBrewer View Post
                            Waiting to hear back from a machine shop on a quote. Looking to have a coupler made. Well a set od couplers. If it's a reasonable price I'll post their contact info
                            Yeah, maybe if they are making a larger amount, they would be cheaper. Do they know what the thread and size is on those tanks, does it have a name?

Comment

I don't understand everyone's problem. I bought these. Buy a cap for the 1 in open hole. Then buy a corny lid with the co2 post already on it. They are about 20 bucks. I don't see the confusion for everyone. The posts are for liquid out and already have a liquid ball lock attached

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5270.jpg
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	191393
                              Last edited by HeavyReel; 03-15-2017, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X