Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once Sanitized, how long do your kegs sit before filling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once Sanitized, how long do your kegs sit before filling?

Doing some research and trying to find out what other breweries do. We have a two day window, meaning we can clean and sanitize (premiere stainless 3 keg washer station, using Caustic/PAA) and use them by the day after. If we dont, we re-clean them. It may be on the cautious side, but its worked so far. So, for those who clean/sani ahead of time, how long after they are sanitized do you fill them?

And before you tell me to use the search function, yes I have already read the other posts in regards to this...i am simply asking for what other people use as SOP.
    Last edited by whitestpack; 01-10-2017, 08:48 AM.

I usually have to wash kegs every two to three weeks. So the kegs sit around 1-2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by blonberg View Post
      I usually have to wash kegs every two to three weeks. So the kegs sit around 1-2 weeks.
      I usually do 7-8 days never had a issue well might have but few and far between. Dont like to double clean things
      Mike Eme
      Brewmaster

Comment

Originally posted by beerguy1 View Post
        I usually do 7-8 days never had a issue well might have but few and far between. Dont like to double clean things
        I agree, wasted work is not ideal. we discussed the same topic with a few brewers on the BA board and they have the same answer. They are comfortable with a few weeks once cleaned, sanitized and pressurized with CO2. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Working...
        X