LMDA/SDA set issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LMDA/SDA set issue

Hi, I am a lab tech for a bottling brewery. We have recently switched from UBAA to LMDA and I have encountered a repeating issue with it. Up until now, I have prepared two separate batches and I have had a setting issue on both occasions. Reading Siebel procedure for this media preparation, it is mentionned sterilizing for too long can be harmful. Since I do not have an autoclave at hand, we are using a pressure cooker.

Do you have any idea to what may be the cause?

Thanks!

Frank

Hi everyone, after a little investigation, it turned out that the problem I encountered was due to a manufacture defect from the supplier.

While reading documentation on the matter, I did stumble on some sources saying the media was fragile and an excessive heat treatment would result in the same issue I had in the first place.

Thanks for reading,

Frank

Comment

Mind sharing the manufacturer/batch that was defective?

Comment

I'm based near Montreal so I guess you would not happen to get those. But here it is anyway. The company name is Nutri Bact.

To be fair, they were pretty quick to reply/investigate and offered an alternative solution for a temporary use.

Have you ever run into the same issue? If so, what supplier were you working with? I used to buy from US based company, so it might be a possible solution for us depending on your experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Cougue View Post
          I'm based near Montreal so I guess you would not happen to get those. But here it is anyway. The company name is Nutri Bact.

To be fair, they were pretty quick to reply/investigate and offered an alternative solution for a temporary use.

Have you ever run into the same issue? If so, what supplier were you working with? I used to buy from US based company, so it might be a possible solution for us depending on your experience.
          I haven't but I know of a QA person who adds a few grams of agar-agar to their LMDA to solidify it a bit more. I don't and have been very happy with Weber Scientific's brand of LMDA/SDA. Good price and nice wide mouth container too.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, my supplier had a better price than Weber because of the exchange rate. Maybe it's worth paying a little more to get some peace of mind...

Comment

Cougue,

Do you happen to have a catalog for Nutribact? We currently get our media through Siebel/Lallemand and I would like to compare prices.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello wrbQC, I do not have a catalog and I don't think there is one. I buy LCSM, LWYM and LMDA/SDA from them and I can tell you that their prices are lower than Siebel. We used to buy from Siebel and switched to NutriBact.

Aks them for a quote and you'll be able to tell difference. You usually get information in a day or two.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Frank

Comment

Working...
                X