Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corney mod for yeast brink - HOW?

Hi all,

I've scanned a bunch of threads for using corney kegs as yeast brinks. I came across a post (cant find it right now) where they said they modified the liquid out post with a TC fitting and a ball valve to make it easier to push the yeast out. Does anyone know how this is done? The beer out post seems awfully small for that. The poster made it seem like there wasnt any additional modifications to the keg itself (welding to create this) either and just simply affixed those items. If it is possible, does anyone know exactly what parts I'd need and where to get them? Thanks.
    Jay
    Southern Swells Brewing
    Jacksonville Beach, FL

You probably already found this thread, but there's some more info from people who have done it. (I have not.)

Comment

Corney brinks

We attempted to use a corney for a brink by removing the inner valve stem on the out post but it would still get plugged fairly often.

We then had the lid drilled and welded with a 90 deg TC and a down tube. Worked well but it ended up being too small of a volume for us and we were also quite nervous about all the nooks and crannies. I would post a photo but as luck would have it I sold them last weekend.

We switched to modified 50L kegs from DBT with the spear adapter so we can clean them with the keg washer.

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Goat View Post
        We attempted to use a corney for a brink by removing the inner valve stem on the out post but it would still get plugged fairly often.

We then had the lid drilled and welded with a 90 deg TC and a down tube. Worked well but it ended up being too small of a volume for us and we were also quite nervous about all the nooks and crannies. I would post a photo but as luck would have it I sold them last weekend.

We switched to modified 50L kegs from DBT with the spear adapter so we can clean them with the keg washer.
        Yes, I'm aware of those as we used DBT for our equipment. I think I am just going to go that route. Not all that expensive in the grand scheme of things and i dont have with messing around welding corney's. Thanks.
        Jay
        Southern Swells Brewing
        Jacksonville Beach, FL

Comment

Working...
        X